Oddity using Google backup to setup a new phone

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

I recently setup a couple new android devices using google drive backup to automatically install all the apps/user data from the old devices and noticed a small issue with emby for android:

The new device showed up under 'active devices' in the dashboard as well as in the cast menu using the generic device name 'Motorola one vision', but it was not listed in 'devices' in the server settings. This meant I could not rename it as I do with all my devices ('<user> - <device>').

I didn't get a chance to test for other issues like offline downloads or anything like that (rather cranky user wanted their device back); but I was able to resolve this by signing out on the device, 'switching servers', deleting the server from the list, then manually re-adding it and logging that user back in.

From there the device showed up correctly in the servers settings and could be renamed.

Just figured I'd share the experience incase someone finds it useful.

I'm not sure if that would have lead to further problems. Maybe it was sharing a device ID with the old phone or something idk.

Emby for android v3.0.97

Emby server v4.3.1.0

Edited by darkassassin07