google version not showing

CorruptedHart11

CorruptedHart11

Download to, file shows in my google drive, but doesn't show on title screen as a version on any items? 

Have gone as far as completely redoing everything from scratch and still no version shows, is this an issue with the server or plugin?

CorruptedHart11

Yes, for example, fresh vm, fresh emby setup, added a sample file, setup google plugin and then do a "download to" job, I can see the structure appear as normal in my google drive, but when I navigate to the actual movie title screen, it will take a moment, load the media info at the bottom but it will not have the additional box of "version" that typically listed my googledrive name. 

In other words, it sends the file to google successfully, creates the vtt files etc but the server doesnt pull the additional source and present it.

CorruptedHart11

With this plugin not pulling the google source it really consumes all of my upload bandwidth, any idea whats causing the server to not pull the source? 

Other than Drive API any other API that should be enabled? 

Google Drive API Shows 40 requests with 15% errors.

Should this project OAuth consent user type be internal or external ?

Edited by CorruptedHart11

CorruptedHart11

Can anyone tell me if this is happening to you as well?

Pulling my hair out trying to figure out if the issue is on my end, Embys end, or Googles end. 

thegrunge

@@CorruptedHart11 If you want to play file from google drive on your emby server the best way is to installed and configure rclone on your pc where is your emby server and install and configure google drive extension plug-in. That's what i do

Edited by thegrunge

CorruptedHart11

HI there, can you please go over an example? thanks.

So are you able to reproduce this?

@@CorruptedHart11 If you want to play file from google drive on your emby server the best way is to installed and configure rclone on your pc where is your emby server and install and configure google drive extension plug-in. That's what i do

Certainly can do that,  just hoping the Emby creators or admins chime in and tell me if they can reproduce this error, because all of my other Gsuite apps are functioning fine. I can do the rclone with Plex, I spent $120 dollars on a lifetime Emby so I was really hoping that they would respond / help get this working.

thegrunge

@CorruptedHart11 To link my google drive account to Emby, I use the same configuration of Rclone for plex. I then simply followed the instructions when installing the google drive plug-in in Emby. I then have access to the / Users / jonathangelinasaudy / mnt / encryption folder when I add a library

post-177488-0-98028000-1582134098_thumb.png

CorruptedHart11

@CorruptedHart11 To link my google drive account to Emby, I use the same configuration of Rclone for plex. I then simply followed the instructions when installing the google drive plug-in in Emby. I then have access to the / Users / jonathangelinasaudy / mnt / encryption folder when I add a library

And going the Rsync route, when a remote client plays the file, does it pull directly from Google for that remote user, or does it download to my server then upload to the client?

because the way I was using the plugin, when worked was setting an individuals upload cap to 10MBPS then if I synced the original file to google it would give them the option of a higher bandwidth option, thus presenting them with higher quality and using none of my upload speed. 

thegrunge

@CorruptedHart11 Unfortunately, the file read does not matter who has to go through the server before being distributed. The only way to avoid having the content go through is to have a seebox that links emby to google drive with rclone and I haven't seen any except with plex, but I tried and given that these are virtual machines it's good only when you avoid transcoding and again it is also necessary that the speed provided for this function which is the server is sufficient. Otherwise you can always create a sharing disc in g-suite and they can read the files directly there and try to stream the content with an application that allows it. https://www.androidauthority.com/google-drive-movies-chromecast-1012583/

CorruptedHart11

@CorruptedHart11 Unfortunately, the file read does not matter who has to go through the server before being distributed. The only way to avoid having the content go through is to have a seebox that links emby to google drive with rclone and I haven't seen any except with plex, but I tried and given that these are virtual machines it's good only when you avoid transcoding and again it is also necessary that the speed provided for this function which is the server is sufficient. Otherwise you can always create a sharing disc in g-suite and they can read the files directly there and try to stream the content with an application that allows it. https://www.androidauthority.com/google-drive-movies-chromecast-1012583/

Love the suggestions, just really prefer the way the plugin presents the files, I have 38ish up, so when cut between 8 or so users most of the time its fine with only 1 or 2 connected. Your suggestion could work for me and others who don't care about the look of front end, but with the far less tech savy people I present the media to, when it presented "googledrive name" as a default on title screens when the codecs were compatible it could present upwords of 40mbps files without doing anything but having the server point it to the google link, so it just used my connection as a point through and didn't bother my upload speed.

Since @@Luke is the plugin creator, still waiting to hear if he can repro this error / have some insight.

CorruptedHart11

Tested this 4.3.1.0 with 3.2.6.0 plugin on Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 r2, Windows Server 2019, Ubuntu, Debian, all produce the same issue.

I'm pretty sure I can definitively say this feature of Emby Premiere does not work. Having had to go through all of this on my end and even use a different google account instead of getting any support or response from Devs on a PREMIERE feature, does somewhat rub me a wrong way.  <_< 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001162194

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about this. Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this? Thanks!

CorruptedHart11

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about this. Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this? Thanks!

Here's the log, went through and setup the plugin again, synced a movie, went to its title screen and yup still broken. I think I have been very clear about the steps I have taken to reproduce this. Please let me know what I can do to help make this Premiere feature work again as currently it does not.

embyserver.txt

Edited by CorruptedHart11

Just to confirm, you're still able to upload new files, right? And also to confirm, once they're in google drive, you're not moving them at all, are you?

CorruptedHart11

Just to confirm, you're still able to upload new files, right? And also to confirm, once they're in google drive, you're not moving them at all, are you?

Correct.

The file structure is the same, I am not moving it, just the default, "Emby Sync" > Videos > Title > Movie and VTT files.

Files upload just fine, they however do not show on Title screen or stream from google.

CorruptedHart11

We're still looking at this. Thanks.

So is this fixed since you deleted my post in the other cloud sync thread?

So is this fixed since you deleted my post in the other cloud sync thread?

Hi, no, sorry, I only deleted it because that user was asking for general information and your posting did not directly relate to what he was asking. Thanks.

CorruptedHart11

Hi, no, sorry, I only deleted it because that user was asking for general information and your posting did not directly relate to what he was asking. Thanks.

Indeed he was asking if it forwarded the stream from google, which I said it does when it works. He asked about the reliability, I told him it used to work great, now does not.

Looking forward to this Premiere feature working again eventually?