XBMC NFO plugin

steve1977

steve1977

I have two requests for the plugin to make it consistent with the latest Gotham naming and ordering convention:

1) <aspect" should be calculated by width divided by height (e.g., 1920 / 1040 = 1.8461...) rather than a ratio (i.e., not 1.85:1 as it is currently implemented.

2) When adding an NFO file to DVD folder, naming convention and ordering is slightly different than current implementation:

WHAT IT IS NOW

/Moviefoldername/
/Moviefoldername/Moviefoldername.nfo

/Moviefoldername/VIDEO_TS/

WHAT XBMC IS LOOKING FOR

/Moviefoldername/

/Moviefoldername/VIDEO_TS/video_ts.nfo

Thanks in advance for considering to implement these changes to the plugin. Thanks!

1. Aspect Ratio of a movie cannot be calculated by dividing the width by the height...that is not the AR that the movie was shot in but the AR of the video file resolution and is incorrect.  All my nfo files have aspect ratio that the movie was shows up fine in xbmc.

Edit: I'm guessing you mean to show the actual decimal value in the tag instead of the ratio...I have not seen this convention for xbmc...for Gotham I have been using the ratio (ie, 1.85:1) and show up fine in skins.

2. The implementation that I currently use is:

/Moviefoldername/
/Moviefoldername/movie.nfo

Take Care

Edited by fatal

sfnetwork

I just love seeing Fatal and Luke working together like this, it gives me hope that in the future my secret dream of having MetaBrowser version in MB plugin catalog may happen  :ph34r:

Did I say this out loud? oups...  ;)

Hah, we are about to roll out nfo reading, so that's why i'm asking some questions. Yea fatal would be welcome to do that. We have our own but he's obviously the trusted name in this department.

sfnetwork

That's what I love about the MB project, anything is possible  :)

steve1977

/Moviefoldername/

If you use "export library" in XBMC, it actually creates NFO files in default structure. It may be a recent thing in Gotham, but the default is as follows:

/Moviefoldername/

/Moviefoldername/VIDEO_TS/video_ts.nfo

You can check by exporting your XBMC library (i.e., creating the NFO files by XBMC). There are several other ways that XBMC will recognize, but the one above is the default Gotham way.

steve1977

Quick follow-up. Any chance to fix the aspect ratio (1.85 instead of 1:85:1) to match XBMC default NFO treatment. I know both work, but always nice to work with the default way as it is the most future-proof. Thanks in advance!

steve1977

/Moviefoldername/

Current implementation appears slightly different to me. Instead of movie.nfo, it actually uses <foldername>.nfo (e.g., Feuer und Eis (1986) [576p dvd].nfo). While it may work, the default XBMC way would be to place a video_ts.nfo file into the video_ts folder.