plex boasters

saajan4u

saajan4u

plex boaster currently boasting how good it is cos they can cast from the web interface.. its even on their front page fcol (for crying out loud)

when are we going to get something like it.

bloodtaker

????

What do you mean by casting it?

Edited by bloodtaker

we are working on chromecast in the web interface. I just need a little help from someone with some javascript ability because I'm currently working on bigger, more top secret projects. ;)

@@Tim Hobbs or @@techywarrior

in the meantime, you can cast using remote control to mb3 clients and dlna devices

• Like 3

I don't have a Chromecast so it may be difficult to work on the functionality :)

If that's the only issue consider it handled. Just a matter of whether you have time.

Tim Hobbs

Yeah, I can pick it back up. Not a problem. I hesitated to start on it because I noticed you were working on some changes, so I did not want to duplicate work.

sfnetwork

Not sure what first post means but about CC and Plex, users MUST go through Plex.tv on web interface to access CC, local (LAN) web client has NO WAY to CC... Not really consistent if you ask me BUT, I give them that, it works very well from Plex.tv.

Not 100% sure but I think they are still on old Google SDK (when they implemented it before public SDK)

Anyway, based on everything MB is implementing, it will be better, time is the only obstacle ;) (And MB is growing MUCH faster than Plex if you ask me and MB is giving more what users wants too.)

Edited by sfnetwork

One2Go

Hopefully it has to do with getting a stable Linux version in circulation. Phaze has the Plugins ready for UnRaid just is waiting for a stable MB3 on Linux.

CBers

@ - how are you trying to use Chromecast?

It works fine for me via both the Android app and the web client.

arche

Ah right, I've seen that thread.

Still not working in the latest server release (beta) ?

Nope, still the same. I am on the dev version, but still same results. I thought the app was the problem, so hopefully when the next release comes out it will fix that and the port issue. Just so desperate to dump plex and there "PlexNewTranscoder". Bringing my server to its knees with that file.

CBers

Are you running Plex and MBS on the same PC?

Just wondering if there's some sort of conflict.

i doubt it's related to the server. there are no issues related to chromecast that i'm aware of. in fact the server has very little to do with CC as it's managed by the apps.

arche

I run MB and Plex on the same server, just not at the same time. I just run MB nightly to get any updates for the dev version. I did think the same thing at one point, but after reading and watching the logs I think its just bugs in the app at the moment.

But when the next release comes out for the app, it is going to be like Christmas for me. Plex will have a size 10 shoe in the ass out the door...

arche

I would just be happy to get chromecast working through MB3 and maybe dlna someday. So far, MB3 has just been wallpaper for me on the app side and server side. Looks nice, but that is all I can say about it. Unfortunately I am still stuck using plex for the basic things.

• 2 weeks later...
vidkun

Yeah, well Plex still refuses to play bluray ISOs which MB handles without a hitch. So I'm happy! Screw 'em.

Ghostm

Besides the chromecast web client feature that works very easily with the plex, the only thing I think plex does well is sharing, i like that you can share your media easily with freinds and access it away from home. They also have plex sync to mobile clients or external drives for offline viewing (I think this is the biggest feature request for the ipad app currently on uservoice, but it should maybe on the server side?) which also transcodes the media to quality of your choice, they even came up with an idea on iphone that when you take pictures with it it shares it to your plex server for mom and dad to see the grand kids. That seems to be a large focus for them is sharing media and accessing media easily. I actually seen this mentioned by others as the one thing plex user prefer on plex is sharing media. IF mb3 can incorporate this, i dont think it will have any advantage.

Otherwise mb3 does everything better imo :)  And i dont have enough time to list it all. 

I am fully converted to mb3 and recommend it to people i know.

Edited by Ghostm