Request thread for non-US people

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey

I thought maybe it's a good idea to cumulate these kind of requests in one thread (one request per post please), as they are probably all lower priority because of the smaller userbase benefiting from it.

Luke/ebr if you don't like it just notify me and I'll split them up to seperate threads and you can remove this one.

horstepipe

Localized primary cover image

I'd love to get German images for German movies, but English images for US movies. At the moment I manually have to change the images to their original language.

To me that's important because of two reasons:

- The image quality is better when you take images from the original language in most cases

- It's a convenient way to see the original title of a movie (don't know how it is in other countries, but German localized movie titles often are very strange and very far away from the original one)

horstepipe

Utilize OMDB/IMDB metadata for everything, except plot

For movies, OMDB/IMDB is the best metadata provider in my opinion. The genres are more accurate and The MovieDB tends to overload the genre list. Unfortunately OMDB/IMDB only provides English plot/overview field. So my dream setup would be to fetch every info from OMDB/IMDB except the plot, which should be fetched from TheMoviedb.

side note: if you want to have localized genre names, you can do that with the genre cleaner plugin. But this doesn't help if you simply have too much genres fetched from TheMoviedb, so fetching genres from OMDB/IMDB is more ideal.

Edited by horstepipe

pwhodges

The problem with IMDB is that it is not free; that's why it's not already used by Emby.

Paul

horstepipe

The problem with IMDB is that it is not free; that's why it's not already used by Emby.

Paul

Yeah but Emby uses OMDB which basically provides the info from imdb, so that's not the problem here :-)

pünktchen

I would even build all of this and some other scraping options in a new metadata provider plugin. But unfortunately the source code for the existing provider plugins isn't public and i don't really feal like reinventing the wheel and starting from scratch.

• Like 1

Please follow the usual feature request process, which is one topic per request.

The problem with this format is you can't see what the thread is about by looking at the title, among other things. Thanks.

• Like 1