Can't get Emby to use /make my m3u playlists

pinoyputi

pinoyputi

Even though I try to read every post about m3u problems I can't get my m3u music playlist to work. Tried several different ways of testing m3u playlist but nothing worked.

First my system:

Synology Nas 218+. My music is in a shared folder on the root. called music (automatically made by the Nas) In Jriver Media Center where I keep al my music and make my playlists the songs are registered as: \\PinoyPuti-Nas\music\album\artist\artist - namesong.mp3

In Emby my songs are registered as /volume1/music/album/artist/artist - namesong.mp3

Emby sees my playlists but they are empty so I tried different m3u setups (using notepad+ for easy change).

My trials:

//192.168.178.185/volume1/music/album/artist/artist - namesong.mp3

\\PinoyPuti-Nas\music\album\artist\artist - namesong.mp3

/192.168.178.185/volume1/music/album/artist/artist - namesong.mp3

//volume1/music/album/artist/artist - namesong.mp3

/volume1/music/album/artist/artist - namesong.mp3

I used simple m3u and extended m3u but now I am out of options.

When I make a playlist in Emby it will use the location /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/playlists/Testing 4 [playlist] the path being used is /volume1/music/album/artist/artist - namesong.mp3.

I can't get to that location to check what is the m3u format.

I am using Kodi now for my Sony smart tv but not happy with it. I would like to use Emby cause Jriver does not have a nas server.

Anybody out there willing to help some assistance?

Hi, the paths inside the playlist need to match the paths used in emby library setup. If you edit a playlist file, try running a library scan after doing that.

pinoyputi

I know that the path need to match. But what is the correct path for Emby? As you can see I tried lots of them. Then after editing the playlist I update (scan) the library but no change.

Please give me the right format for my situation?

But what is the correct path for Emby?

The one that matches the path used in Emby library setup. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

pinoyputi

I'am all set now. Besides not being clear on the right format of the m3u is the fact that it takes days to update the library when you allow Emby to look for album thumbnails in musicbrainz. All the thumbnails (of high quality) are included in my mp3 and flac files so I don't need Musicbrainz. It took some help from an other Emby user to find the right settings under advanced of the library. Then suddenly it speeded up and I was able to update all my different test m3u's and see which was the right one. Thanks again.