How to go straight to home screen on Sony TV Emby start

Shaun

Emby is working beautifully on my Sony TV. Two Issues

1. When ever I select the Emby App it always prompts me for the Server and the User before displaying the home screen. It used to bypass this and go straight to the Home screen.

How do I get it to default the Server and User and bypass this ?

2. After the TV has been running for a couple of days (maybe weeks) without a hard reset, emby movie display get choppy (runs for 30 seconds beautiful, then  the images breaks up). Skipping FWD or Back fixes the problem for a minute two. Hard resetting the TV fixes the problem for a week or two.  Sound like a memory leak or similar. Any Ideas ?

thanks

shaun

For 1 - What is the "start up behavior" set to in the app settings?

For 2 - Do you ever shut down Emby or is it running constantly?  Try clearing the app cache and data.

chacawaca

For is point 1, i can confirm that on my android sony tv i have to enter server /  username / password each time i start app. Settings is set to autologon with user X like my amazon 4k device that work well.

I dont have his #2 problem.

For is point 1, i can confirm that on my android sony tv i have to enter server /  username / password each time i start app. Settings is set to autologon with user X like my amazon 4k device that work well.

Have the credentials or server address changed?  What happens if you set that to "Show login screen" then restart and login and then reset it to "Login as this user"?

chacawaca

nothing changed,  same server, same user.

Reset settings, that was the first thing i tried.

I will do more test tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
chacawaca

just a follow up

set to "Show login screen"

close app

restart tv

open app

login

set to "Login as this user"

close app

seem to have solve my problem.

just a follow up

set to "Show login screen"

close app

restart tv

open app

login

set to "Login as this user"

close app

seem to have solve my problem.

Well done.

That means something changed.  The app should be resetting that for you when login fails so I'll have to look at that.  I may have actually taken that out so it wouldn't lose your setting if you accidentally brought up the app with the server not available...