DVR IPTV without proper EPG

7theye

Hi all

I’ve been using DVR with my setup to record my iptv and it works fine for when I have my EPG.

However my IPTV profiteer only has 24hr EPG and it lacks the two main things I want to record WWE network for PPVs and UFC which shows up as PPV events under my IPTV provider (probably a channel they create for event)

Ideally i would do a time based record on the channels but doesn’t seem possible. Any way to do this with xteve or any other method?

Ideally i would do a time based record on the channels but doesn’t seem possible

Hi, this is planned for the future.

Any way to do this with xteve or any other method?

If i'm not mistaken xteve can create dummy epg entries so that you can record. @@Spaceboy may have some tips on this.

Spaceboy

Hi all

I’ve been using DVR with my setup to record my iptv and it works fine for when I have my EPG.

However my IPTV profiteer only has 24hr EPG and it lacks the two main things I want to record WWE network for PPVs and UFC which shows up as PPV events under my IPTV provider (probably a channel they create for event)

Ideally i would do a time based record on the channels but doesn’t seem possible. Any way to do this with xteve or any other method?

hi, yes with xteve you can create dummy epg and then record using that. Depending on what the stream is I set the dummy epg length accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...
vansmak

Problem is you'd still need to know which ppv channel the event will be on and hope it is a good feed. I tried this very thing yesterday. Added the ppvlive events in xteve as dummy's. On emby they should showed as blank ufc. At event time I found the feeds were ppv 208 to 212. I kept hopping form feed to feed as one would buffer

dovedescent7

@ 7eye

do you happen to have the iptv that comes as part of a donation to a certain invite only website?

this sounds exactly like my provider, and it's frustrating to only get 24 hours of epg.

my question: do you also find the epg dropping out completely to where the need to restart emhy or emby server entirely is required to get epg back?

I don't know how to solve this problem other than having to constantly, manually restart emby like 4 times a day to keep the epg showing content.

dovedescent7

Luke,

I luv ya man but been there done that, multiple times. it's as if running scheduled refresh tasks make it worse.

Man I wish I prove its my provider or not.