Issues connecting to server from iphone App

froggger

froggger

Hi Guys,

I haven't used my app for around 3 months now but when it was working I had no problem connecting from my app external (not wifi at home) to my NAS drive accessing my files. Now I get a sign in error and invalid username or password. Access emby from smart TV at phone is fine. What could be the problem?

Hi, are you sure you're using the right username and password? Are you using your emby connect credentials or your local emby server credentials?

froggger

Thanks for getting back to me.  When I am in the "Sign in with Emby Connect" page I am using the emby connect credentials.

5e4062b7a5580_IMG_1371.jpg

When I put the user and password on that page it seems ok and just takes me back to the "select server" page.

5e4062d06250c_IMG_1372.jpg

Do you need to have an Emby Premiere account for this? Last year I paid a once of payment I think of around $10 which allowed me access last year to do this. 

Happy2Play

If you went to Dashboard-Users on your server, does your users show with a cloud?

X-TrATws6hwviXrDHmtWoyvscsFPlxrcvw.png?1

froggger

The username does have a little cloud in the top right corner. I have a NAS not a server too.

5e406c5a78232_Untitled1.jpg

Edited by froggger

Happy2Play

Does this only happen in the IOS app?  If you clicked the Emby Web App button at the top of the forum and sign with Connect does your server show up?

Only thing I can think of is remove your linked connect username, hit save, then re-add connect username and hit save.

froggger

I can signed in with the Emby Web App button at the top of the forum using my FORUM ID and password but it doesnt let me sign in with my local username and password. When I sign in with my Formum ID and password it takes me to the select server page. I click on "sign in with emby connect" and it just seems to loop around.

Should I delete the only username and try and add a new one? Should I use a new username too?

Happy2Play

I can signed in with the Emby Web App button at the top of the forum using my FORUM ID and password but it doesnt let me sign in with my local username and password. When I sign in with my Formum ID and password it takes me to the select server page. I click on "sign in with emby connect" and it just seems to loop around.

Should I delete the only username and try and add a new one? Should I use a new username too?

Just go to Dashboard-User select your user and clear "(Optional) Emby Connect username or email address:", hit save, then re-add it.

froggger

Thanks for all your help with this. I did that and when I logged on to IOS and added this time it took me to the Select Server page and I could see my server there. I also received an email to confirm this. When I click on it thou it says "Connection Failure" this also happened trying to do it from http://app.emby.media/

Happy2Play

Thanks for all your help with this. I did that and when I logged on to IOS and added this time it took me to the Select Server page and I could see my server there. I also received an email to confirm this. When I click on it thou it says "Connection Failure" this also happened trying to do it from http://app.emby.media/

Can you access your server via the Dashboard WAN information?

froggger

when I click on the IP address next to "Remote (WAN) access " it opens up a new browser but brings up a page saying "

This site can’t be reached"

Happy2Play

when I click on the IP address next to "Remote (WAN) access " it opens up a new browser but brings up a page saying "

This site can’t be reached"

Have you portforward the Emby ports in your router?

Have a look at the External Connections section here.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Edited by Happy2Play

Thanks so much for all your help. Once I added the port forward it fixed it up. How secure is that too?

That is what is needed for remote access. One of the best ways to secure yourself is to ensure your users have strong passwords.