What Determines the Display Format for Scheduled Series Recordings in the LIve TV Section?

saj

Hi,

When I select "Series" in the Live TV section of the WebUI (Server, Theater, WebUI), there is an inconsistency in how the images for the individual series are displayed. Some of them have no apparent treatment applied. They're just simple rectangular images with the recording symbol in the upper right portion. However, some have the clear case format from CoverArt that I have specified for my TV series recordings, but the CovrArt image is somewhat reduced to allow the recording symbol and the three dots at the bottom to be placed outside the clear case image, rather than being overlayed on top of it. If I go to the TV Recordings section of the UI, then all series being recorded are displayed with the clear case TV Series treatment full size. I just want the treatment on the LIve TV Series list to be consistent.

Thanks

Hi, currently these do not run through cover art. The series recordings are not integrated with the tv series in your library. It's something we are gradually improving though. Thanks.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your response. However, I do not understand why some of the series images have the CoverArt treatment as I described. Shouldn't they all be plain images with no clear case treatment on any of them?

So just to be sure I understand, all the series listed have metadata with a primary image that has CoverArt applied. That's why they always show up in the TV Recordings section with the CoverArt treatment. Is the difference in whether there is a current recording in the library for a specific series?

The difference is whether or not it can match up the series in the guide data with a series in your library based on unique identifiers in both the guide data and your series. That will determine if it uses your image or not.

OK, thanks, but I am still not understanding why this happens. The shows are all set for series recordings. They all appear in the TV recordings section with the cover art displayed. They are the same shows I originally searched for under Live TV to set up the series recordings. So why, when I select the Series option under Live TV, would some be matched with their counterpart under TV Recordings and some not. I'm very sorry if I am being dense about this, but I'm not seeing why they would not all match, or alternatively why if one doesn't match, then none of them would. In other words, what matching criterion would cause this.

Thanks again

Because we try to match on unique id's, not series names. Make sure the series in your libraries have tvbd id's, zap2it id's and imdb id's. That will increase the chances of them being matched.

Oh, maybe I see what is happening, now that I posted the previous question. Some of the shows would not be in the current guide data at all because they are not currently airing. So are you saying that if they are not showing in the current guide data then there is no check to see if there is an existing image for them in the library?

So are you saying that if they are not showing in the current guide data then there is no check to see if there is an existing image for them in the library?

There is a check based on what I previously described.

OK, I checked all the metadata, and all the series have IDs for IMDB, TheMovieDb, TheTVDB and Zap2It. However, I do notice something that seems to be consistent about how the series images are displayed in the Series Section of Live TV. If the show is currently NOT airing, i.e. it doesn't appear in the current guide listings, then the CoverArt image IS used. If the show is in the current guide listings, then the CoverArt is not used. This almost seems opposite from what I would have suspected. So, I guess the question is: why is the metadata image not used when the show is in the current guide listings?

Thanks

Edited by saj

It currently favors the guide data. When that's not available then it tries to find one in your library just to ensure you see something rather than a placeholder.

So currently, the only way I can see consistently formatted images is to not apply a CoverArt treatment to any recorded series? I can't really see what would be lost if existing metadata images were used regardless of whether there is current guide data. Thanks for your help.