Why cannot pause/RW/FF in Live tv using direct live tv?

eraser8
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

eraser8

Hi guys,

I'm asking this question because it works in Emby theater. For example, on android tv (Nvidia Shield 2019), if I want to be able to use the play/pause/RW/FF options, I need to uncheck the "Live Tv Direct Stream" option. This cause the server to feed in "direct stream" instead of "direct play". The downside is the channel take longer to start (about 1-2 second) and the server work harder...

Is it normal? In emby theater, we can run in direct play mode and use the play/pause/FF/RW buttons...

Thanks

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi.  Yes, in order to make the stream seekable, we have to re-package it into a seekable streaming format for this player.

You can leave the direct stream setting on and the app will prompt you when  you want to engage seeking mode.

• Like 1

eraser8

Hi.  Yes, in order to make the stream seekable, we have to re-package it into a seekable streaming format for this player.

You can leave the direct stream setting on and the app will prompt you when  you want to engage seeking mode.

Thanks EBR. So, it is simply related to the difference between player used (mvp with ET and the one with android that I don't remember the name).. Great to know! Thanks yes, I'll let the option unchecked and when I'll need the seeking option, I will activate it. The bad is sometimes, when I need it, is the rewind.... So if it is not yet activated, I cannot rewind. But hey, lets give some place to future improvement if you can fix that ;)

Great thanks

eraser8

We are working on improving this. Thanks for the feedback.

Great To know! Thank you Luke. If you need someone to test it, as usual, don't hesite