Formuler Z8 App

bretswinney

I was wondering if this device would be getting an update in its market from 1.6.50g to the latest 1.7.78a?

This is not an Amazon box...  If your app version is that old then Google must not be updating it.  Does this box have the true Google Play store on it?  Can you force an update manually or a re-install?

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, skooogis said:

I'd like to see Emby-app updated aswell in "Market" on Formuler. Having a Formuler Z8 and the app is outdated.

Hi, what version do you have?

skooogis
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what version do you have?

I think 1.8.10g but that version seems new? It's my father who has that box. But interface is different in comparison to Nvidia shield which uses Emby for AndroidTV aswell?

Edited by skooogis

7 hours ago, skooogis said:

I think 1.8.10g but that version seems new? It's my father who has that box. But interface is different in comparison to Nvidia shield which uses Emby for AndroidTV aswell?

What version do you have on the Shield?

skooogis
17 minutes ago, Luke said:

What version do you have on the Shield?

Its 1.8.10g on my Nvidia shield pro, so its the same version but still looks different. Whatever I guess.. just a bit weird 

Have you selected two different themes on the two different devices? What exactly is different?

• 3 years later...
tattler

Hi @LukeI also have a Formuler Z8 Pro and it has its own Market as well as Google Play. The current version is now Emby for Android 2.0.83g. When will the version AndroidTv 2.0.98g be available in the Market (Not Google Play)? I have it now side loaded but would like to have it officially available in the Market.

The reason why I want to have this g version is because it has the Audio option to Convert Unsupported audio to Dolby Digital. My setup in the bedroom consists of a TV projector with optical out connected to a Sonos Playbar. When the Formuler Z8 Pro's audio is set to RAW (no other option to choose from like DTS or Dolby), Emby will also passthru DTS HD MA audio and the sound will not work. With that extra option I can enjoy DD now in my bedroom. The Google Play version does not have that option. Having two markets to install Emby is quite confusing but I always prefer the market version from the manufacturer if they have one on their own.

I am very surprised to find the version in the Formuler Market is also quite new, updated in August this year. Glad to know that Emby is still supporting this box! 😉

On 12/25/2023 at 4:15 AM, tattler said:

it has its own Market as well as Google Play.

Hi.  The manufacturer or operator of that market must be moving the app because we are not publishing directly to it.

tattler
On 26/12/2023 at 19:18, ebr said:

Hi.  The manufacturer or operator of that market must be moving the app because we are not publishing directly to it.

Bi @ebrwhat do you mean by "moving the app"?

1 hour ago, tattler said:

Bi @ebrwhat do you mean by "moving the app"?

I mean if it is available in their marketplace, they must be getting it from Google or some other method because we are not publishing it there.

tattler
On 28/12/2023 at 16:44, ebr said:

I mean if it is available in their marketplace, they must be getting it from Google or some other method because we are not publishing it there.

Hmm this is strange or I am missing something. The version in Google Play is NOT the same as in the Market app in Formuler Z8 Pro. The version in the native Market of Formuler Z8 Pro has a g in it but the version from Google Play not.... where is this g version being published to...?

What matters to me is the option Convert Unsupported audio to Dolby Digital. If you can make this option also available for the Google Play store version I will be happy to use only the version from Google Play 😉 Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, tattler said:

Hmm this is strange or I am missing something. The version in Google Play is NOT the same as in the Market app in Formuler Z8 Pro. The version in the native Market of Formuler Z8 Pro has a g in it but the version from Google Play not.... where is this g version being published to...?

What matters to me is the option Convert Unsupported audio to Dolby Digital. If you can make this option also available for the Google Play store version I will be happy to use only the version from Google Play 😉 Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

Certainly.

All android tv Google versions end in g. Are you actually seeing the standard app in the other marketplace?  What is the exact version number shown there?

RanmaCanada

The Z8 uses a mobile version of the app as the Z8 uses mobile Android with a skin to make it look like ATV.  If you want to use a better version of the app, install the play store or sideload the mainline app.  I also own a Z8 and I installed the playstore to get the most up to date version of the app.  Formuler doesn't really care to update their market.