Music library listing changing

dcol

I have 100k songs in my music library. Whenever I browse through the library I only have a certain amount of time before the page resets and goes back to the starting location. It seems like a periodic refresh of the library, and very annoying while searching through the library.

Is there a way around this issue?

Not sure - we'd need to see some logs from when this happens and a description of exactly where you are.

Just tried it. Started at J and worked my way down the library. after about 30 seconds it jumped back to the J beginning again.

Attached is the log (identities removed). Saved it immediately after it happened. Using Fire Cube (Gen1)

embyserver.txt

Edited by dcol

Thanks but I'd need to see the app log when that happened.  Can you re-do and send one of those?

Also, in exactly what view are you?  There are several in your "music library".

Ok, Entered debug mode. I am in Music>Artists. Went to letter J. jump just happened @ 10:54. User TinkMedia

Edited by dcol

Ok, Entered debug mode. I am in Music>Artists. Went to letter J. jump just happened @ 10:54. User TinkMedia

You sent the log from the app?  I didn't get it.

I just turned on debug. Is there something else I need to do.? I don't know how to extract logs from FireTV

From How to report a problem

Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku Logs

These apps have the option to send an app log to us electronically.  You enter the settings page and turn on the "Debug Options".  Now there will be a new tile on your home page settings row (or menu option in the user menu) labelled "Send Log".  Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Ok sent logs. Did same thing. Went to Music>Artists. Went to letter 'J' scrolled down and after 30 seconds or so jumped back to beginning.

Time: 11:56 MST

User: TinkMedia

Edited by dcol

Ok sent logs. Did same thing. Went to Music>Artists. Went to letter 'J' scrolled down and after 30 seconds or so jumped back to beginning.

Time: 11:56 MST

User: TinkMedia

Excellent. Thanks.

Does it ever take you back to the top if you don't use the letter jump in the first place (just scroll down)?

I want to mention first that when this happens, the screen blinks for a split second then goes back to the letter.

If I start at the top and scroll down When it blinks, the highlighted letter disappears but it seems to not jump anywhere.

Then I tried going to 'A' and scroll down. Eventually the highlighted letter disappeared but it did not jump.

Then I spent at least 5 minutes scrolling up and down eventually, while I was in 'J' it jumped back to middle of 'H'

As I scrolled down from 'H' when I hit the 'M's' it bounced back to 'H". Did this multiple times. But not consistently

This action is not consistent. But it does it on both of my FireTV devices.

When you click on a letter it goes to that spot in the library. As you move down, the letter advances as you enter the next letter group. Normally a letter is always highlighted to show where you are in the list. This highlighted letter disappears in my example above. Meaning there are no letters that are highlighted anymore. Once in this mode, nothing will bring it back unless you select a new letter.

When you click on a letter it goes to that spot in the library. As you move down, the letter advances as you enter the next letter group. Normally a letter is always highlighted to show where you are in the list. This highlighted letter disappears in my example above. Meaning there are no letters that are highlighted anymore. Once in this mode, nothing will bring it back unless you select a new letter.

Can you identify on exactly what item that occurs?  Anything interesting about that item?

Happens at different places. The only thing that is somewhat consistent is going back to 'H' when browsing though higher letters.

I have searched the library for strange characters already. And re-looked at all the 'H' artists. Nothing unusual there