Mobile app: CC button toggles off/on when there is only 1 subtitle track

jackandjohn

jackandjohn

Tapping the CC button to bring up the menu is very useful, and thank you for keeping it easily available (*cough* Plex and it's terrible "playback options" menu *cough*)

I would suggest that if there's only 1 subtitle track that subtitles is essentially a toggle and the menu is redundant.

Therefore: when number of tracks = 1, just toggle on/off.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Yes i can see your point, although then you're not able to see the language of the subtitle track or if it's marked as forced or not.

Well the other thing is that at some point we'll also have subtitle downloading during playback, so inside that menu underneath your one subtitle would also be a menu option to download more.

jackandjohn

How about another approach: a subtitle on/off button/checkbox, and then the same menu under the CC button? (Visually it could look like

| [  ] CC |

so that the connection is obvious.

I would normally let go of the feature request at this point since I undertstand where you're coming from, but I'm in the following situations at least a few times a week:

- The media file has english subtitles automatically enabled and the audio language is "unknown" (but also english)

- I'm watching without subtitles but can't understand something specific (this is the most frustrating as there's sometimes a delay while subs are added in, so it's bring up UI > tap CC > choose the track > wait for media to start > rewind > hopefully get the right dialog > possibly rewind again > finish the dialog > tap for UI > tap CC > turn off subtitles)

I suppose a shortcut is always possible if we can find something that doesn't interfere with other features.

Spaceboy

I did ask for this some months ago but was turned down. I’ve configured most of my media so I only have one English external sub and a forced one where necessary. For live tv I’ve been able to disable the second text sub stream. So 99% of the time an on / off button would work for me

Edited by Spaceboy