Live TV HD Homerun Error on Install

agentvasz

agentvasz

I recently upgraded to Emby Premiere to utilize live TV.  I've been a longtime Windows Media Center user and I have a cablecard setup with a three tuner HD Homerun.  My Emby sees the HD Homeruns, but when I try to save the TV source it gives me the following error: "There was an error saving the TV provider. Please insure it is accessible and try again." I looked up the support topics and it indicates older HD Homeruns may not support DLNA and might need a different install.  The support article suggested I upgrade the HD Homerun software and firmware.  I did upgrade both and still no love.  Now I'm seeing I may need to install the HD Homerun software on my Emby server.  How would I do that?

Ok so for these older models that don't support the Dlna features, you will need the HDHomerun DVR software. You don't need to pay their subscription, but what the software does is it adds some features that help allow it to mimic the newer models so that Emby Server can import it just as if it were one.