xmltv.fr issues?

Soggybottoms

Soggybottoms

Does anyone know what happened to xmltv.fr? The xmltv file is still available to download on the website, but it's lacking program data. I've had to resort to using Schedules Direct and because of this I'm now having issues with series recordings in Emby.

Just curious if this service will continue to operate or if something happened.

Thanks!

Edited by Soggybottoms

Hi, it looks like they're updating it. Perhaps you just need to use the mapping tool to ensure your tuner channels are mapped to the epg channels?

Soggybottoms

Hey Luke,

Sorry I'm not following you when you say 'they are updating it'. For me it hasn't been generating guide data for about a week now, and the xml file they provide only contains channel info. Do you mean the site is under maintenance? 

I do not map channels using Emby. I use epg123 to download the data from SD into xml format, I map the channels using Xteve and present the finished xml to Emby. I posted about this a month ago with the same issue I was having with another program (US based), but now that I'm starting to use SD for the french guide data series recordings just don't work at all.

As an example SD presents the problematic shows episode numbers as the following - 

<episode-num system="dd_progid">SH00026565.0000</episode-num>

<episode-num system="original-air-date">1965-09-19</episode-num>

The dd_progid tags are the same number for the whole week. It's also missing the xmltv_ns tag (if Emby looks at that). When I go to schedule a series recording in Emby it only records the first night and will not record the rest of the week. It doesn't matter which options I choose. When I was testing if I modified the dd_progid number to a different number for each day Emby will recognize the whole week as ready to record.

Do you think using the SD option directly thru Emby will fix this? Isn't it basically the same data? Is it possible to add another option for series recordings that would allow us to ignore seasons/episodes and just record every day at a certain time? I just want series recordings to work again. The strange thing is xmltv.fr wasn't even presenting episode data in their xml file but I was able to schedule series recordings thru Emby with no problem..

Thanks!

Edited by Soggybottoms

Soggybottoms

Looks like xmltv.fr is gone for good or they are changing hosting providers. Bummer if they went kaput.. It was a good resource for French tv guide data..

It's ok tho.. I found a solution for the issue I was having setting up some programs as series recordings in Emby using SD guide data. So I'm a happy camper now..

Edited by Soggybottoms