Getting item count in linraries using the rest API

dmurphy22
Go to solution Solved by dmurphy22,

dmurphy22

Hey!

I am trying to find a total count that equals what is shown in the emby client for each library. Using the emby/Items end point I am able to get a count but it seems to be larger than what is actually showing in the client.

For example /Items?ParentId=0ba95d6d858831b8f144b5d5294b1e62 returns "TotalRecordCount": 1603 but the actual client is only showing 1594 items in the library.

Is there a better end point I should be hitting in order to get this information? /Items/Counts won't work because it does not return a per library number, just totals.

Thanks!

No that's correct, but the web app could be showing a different number due to view settings, filtering, etc.

dmurphy22

Hmm all filter settings are set to Any in the client. Does /emby/Items count the folders in the library or the actual series count? It's possible some folders are mismatched causing one series to be using multiple folders, would this explain the difference?

• Solution
dmurphy22

Good idea!

The query is different and when I run it myself too using the API I was able to get a matching number. Thank you!

• Like 1