Library and Collections Merge

Smitty018210

Smitty018210

:Not sure if this is a server or MBC question, but I've decided to put it here. Please move if needed:

Hello, how do you get two locations on computer where media is stored to show as one in MBC?

Example:

C:myvideos\movies1

X:mymovies\

They show up as one in the server as they are added in the same library, but they come up as two different folders when I use MBC.

I also have the setting in MBC to merge collections set to on. (Not sure if that has anything to do with it though.)

Any help would be great.

No that setting doesn't have anything to do with that.

We may need a picture of your library setup page in the server and what you see in MBC to figure out what is up but, for what you want, you need a single "Media Folder" with two "Media Locations" (although, I strongly suggest not using drive letter references and use UNC paths instead).

Smitty018210

@@ebr, Thanks for the reply. What you described is what I have set up, I think lol. Here are the screen shots as requested.

53a74f007a09e_Image_1.jpg53a74f12283a6_Image_2.jpg

The items you are seeing in MBC do not relate directly to those media locations.  They are folders that are within them.

Smitty018210

@@ebr

So that I am understand this correctly, even though I have both folder location under the same "Media Library" and contain the same type of content they will always show as two different folder locations in MBC. Even though they show up mix together correctly in the Server?

I also have three hard drives with TV Shows and they all show as one location in MBC, What is the difference?

Edited by Smitty018210

AdrianW

So that I am understand this correctly, even though I have both folder location under the same "Media Library" and contain the same type of content they will always show as two different folder locations in MBC. 

No, that's not correct. All content in your physical folders "Wrestling Test Folder" & "Wrestling Media" should show up combined in MBC under the "Wrestling" collection.

Although I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have folders within those top level folders with identical names. (eg. ...\Wrestling Test Folder\Group1 and ...\Wrestling Media\Group1) .

Smitty018210

I finally understand what the problem was. I had nested folders in each location. After I removed the folder I works now. I not happy with it, but I guess I'll have to live with it. Thanks guys