Xteve with Emby

ameetb2000
Go to solution Solved by vdatanet,

ameetb2000

Hi, 

Im using Xteve and wanted to know how I can watch live tv on multiple tvs with different channels on each tv, when I start watching on my 2nd tv it pauses the 1st tv stream

or does this depend on my IPTV provider if so which is the best for multiple streams

BillOatman

Like Luke said, it is likely that your IPTV provider is only allowing you 1 stream at a time.

If you have multiple clients all wanting to watch the same IPTV channel at the same time, Xteve is capable of doing that such that only 1 stream is required from your provider.  But the scenario you described would require 2 streams.

• Like 1

• Solution
vdatanet

You need:

1. Your IPTV provider must allow more than 1 stream at a time

2. You have to configure Xteve to use a buffer, I use ffmpeg buffer, If there's no buffer xteve can only provide 1 stream:

Stream Buffer: With activated buffer, the streams are buffered and forwarded to the clients unchanged. FFmpeg, VLC or xTeVe can be selected as a buffer. xTeVe monitors all client connections and allows re-streaming, so that multiple clients can request the same stream and it is only one connection to the provider. For FFmpeg and VLC, the common program must be installed and the path to the program specified.

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1