Media Browser Crashing After Update

narb77

narb77

Media Browser Classic updated last night and I really like the new look & chapter select options.  But since the update every time a TV show/movie finishes or I try to go back out of a movie/show, I get a media browser has stopped responding message and get returned to the media center main screen.  Every thing else seems to work fine but this issue keeps happening.  

techywarrior

FYI, ebr is about to go on vacation for a week so it probably won't be fixed for a while. In the meantime (after you submit a log please) if you want you can disable the new player interface in the MBC settings.

Redshirt

Does it happen if you set your theme to chocolate?

gjviii

Log File attached.  

Media Browser Classic version - 3.0.187.0  (Updated 21.6.14)

Theme - Breeze

Not sure what other information would be required

I'm running the same and can duplicate the problem as well.  The same occurs when using ROC theme as well.

The problem does not occur (in my case) when I switch to Chocolate

techywarrior

Sounds like you'll have to wait for Lee to fix it in his themes if it's not happening in Chocolate but happening in two of his themes.

Yogi

Yep I can duplicate it as well with both Roc & Breeze,definitely not happening with Classic,Chocolate or Subdued.

@@leedavies

Edited by Yogi

leedavies

Yep I can duplicate it as well with both Roc & Breeze,definitely not happening with Classic,Chocolate or Subdued.

@@leedavies

Hmmm that's a bit annoying if an MBC update has caused an issue.  I'll talk with EBR.

• Like 1

gotkids

Hmmm that's a bit annoying if an MBC update has caused an issue.  I'll talk with EBR.

Yeah I am getting the same thing using ROC.  Since the new player interface with ROC the player crashes if I stop a movie or show and when the file finishes playing it crashes everytime. Let me know if you want logs.

narb77

I'm glad others have been able to duplicate this problem.  I have since disabled the new interface and it has stopped it from happening until a another update is released to fix this problem.

hotshot79

Hi Lee,

Been a while!  I'm having the same issue with breeze too.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you with troubleshooting etc.

• Like 1

The fix for this will probably have to come in the themes.

Can one of you please find the windows event log error when this happens?  Instructions are in the how to report a problem post.

leedavies

The fix for this will probably have to come in the themes.

Can one of you please find the windows event log error when this happens?  Instructions are in the how to report a problem post.

Is this a clash with the video backdrops feature?

Is this a clash with the video backdrops feature?

I have no idea because no one has posted the error but you really need to get that feature out of there anyway.

There is no error in the MBC logs.  There has to be an error in the windows event log if MBC is crashing.  But, if you guys cannot find it, Lee should be able to quickly find it with the debugger.  I know he reproduced this problem several days ago.

linguica101

The problem doesn't occur if the custom interface in the playback settings is disabled.

I tried this and the problem still persists

• 1 month later...
Nick's MCE

Hi Lee

Long time, hope you are well. I been over at Fanart doing artwork. Can you tell me if this crashing issue has been resolved.

Nick