2 trailer icons after update to 187

chilloutboy

chilloutboy

I am using Media Browser Classic and use the trailers plugin in Media browser server.  After the upgrade to 187, I now have 2 trailers icons on the main Classic screen, my original, plus the new iTunes Movie Trailers. This plugin is configured within MB server, I have disabled and both icons go and when re enabling the plugin both icons re appear.  In the MB server config it shows i am using my original icon and there is no reference to the new iTunes Movie Trailers icon. Each icon shows a different set of trailers as though it is a completely new trailers plugin.  Anyone else seen this issue?

techywarrior

Trailers is being migrated to the new Channels setup. Because trailers is so popular, and most clients haven't updated to support Channels yet, you get the new Channel Trailers and the old Trailers folder.

The old Trailers will be going away once the clients all support Channels.

If all you use is MBC and the web client then you could go into the user config in the web client and turn off access to the old trailers.

The other thing is in MBC there is now an option to group all the Channels into a single Channels section. If you turn that on you will see one of the Trailers disappear in MBC (well, not disappear but move into a Channels section).

• Like 1

chilloutboy

Thanks techywarrior for the detailed and quick response.

I have turned off channels and just have my orginal 'Trailers' icon, which is fine for now.

One further question... if you 'show channels' and 'Group all together' is there an option to configure the images etc. for these channel items?

techywarrior

I'd recommend using the Channels version instead since the old version is being deprecated.

You can edit the images by going to the channels in the web client and clicking on the edit icon in the mouseover popup menu.