Remote playback issues

Kernel32
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Kernel32

Recently I upgraded to the new Media Browser and it's pretty awesome, but I have a couple strange issues I with the new setup and I just can't figure it out.

I have media stored on both the local computer and another remote computer on my local LAN. When I play local videos, everything is great, but when I play remote videos, the video quality is horrible and I can't fast forward or rewind.  If I bring the same media files to the local computer, it plays properly.

The remote files are on mapped network drives.  Everything worked properly on the older version of Media Browser (and still does on a 3rd PC on the local LAN running the older version of MB.)

I apologize if this is somewhere else, I just can't find what to do to fix it.

Thank you ahead of time for any help.

• Solution

the computer running mbt cannot access those locations using the mapped paths, so it is having the server transcode them. take a look at the path substitutions in the library setup area.

• Like 1

Kernel32

Thanks for the help.

Turns out it was the path substitutions.  

MBS and MBT are running on the same computer.  I had the path substitutions set in a way I believed was proper.

I decided to start from scratch on the substitutions, opting to clear them entirely and try again.  On a lark, restarted the MB service and relaunch MBT to see how everything looked without the substitutions.  All was still present and the problem has gone away.  Video quality is back to normal and I can fast forward/rewind again.

Edited by Kernel32