Custom Backdrops

nospammage

nospammage

I would really like to add my own backdrop image for the home screen, music libraries, etc. and not rely on randomly selected images from my movie content.

How is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

Server version 4.4.0.6. beta on Raspberry Pi.

sfatula

Luke, is it not possible via custom css (for the web interface)? I see you have that feature in Emby, I guess it depends how the pages are coded. I have not looked into that yet. I presume those would have no effect at all on Emby clients of course. 

The thumbnails for libraries can be changed by editing the images in Emby. Those do carry over into the clients I use. I've changed a few of mine.

nospammage

Yes, I've figured out how to make and use custom thumbnails, but I don't like movie backdrops showing up while browsing the music library.  It would be nice to have music-related backdrops when browsing music, photo-related backdrops when browsing photos, etc... and/or a custom backdrop for the home screen and the ability to use that everywhere, perhaps?

sfatula

What client are you seeing those backdrops in? I don't see them in mine.

I suppose that would be nice to have, yes. 

Happy2Play

What client are you seeing those backdrops in? I don't see them in mine.

I suppose that would be nice to have, yes. 

What client do you not see them on?  I know the Roku and Web client have a option to to enable them.

Edited by Happy2Play

sfatula

What client do you not see them on?  I know the Roku and Web client have a option to to enable them.

Unless I am missing something, not seeing it on IOS or Apple TV. I don't even see it in web browser, but, may have that turned off.

Happy2Play

Unless I am missing something, not seeing it on IOS or Apple TV. I don't even see it in web browser, but, may have that turned off.

Pretty sure this has to be enabled per device.  User icon-Display enable backdrops

Just tested on my iPhone 7 (IOS app 1.9.0) and got backdrops after enabling them.

Don't know anything about Apple TV.

Roku and Web Client.

The Roku app shows backdrops for the currently selected item so you would never see a movie backdrop in your music library - unless your backdrops are not assigned to the proper items.

• Agree 1

nospammage

OK, here's the skinny... on the Roku client, a backdrop photo will show up in the home folder, and the music folder if placed in the root of those folders.  It won't show up anywhere else.  It does NOT show up when viewed in a web browser on a PC.  If I select Enable Backdrops while browsing library, then that image is not used any longer and random backdrops from movies show up on the home screen instead.  The other issue, I just noticed while troubleshooting this is that even though I've selected Album Artists as the default screen for the Music folder, that only works on the web browser; it still defaults to Artists on the Roku client.  Where do I get the Roku Beta again?

• 3 years later...
Smitty018210

I know this is a pretty old post to be bumping, but I too would like the option to custom backgrounds for my homepage or to match which ever media type I am viewing at the time. IE Tv Shows, music, movies etc. I also do not like the random backdrop option an would like to place a permanent image of my choosing.

Honestly I just want more customization options across the board for the theater and web apps.