Series didn't record- how do I find out why not?

sailracer

sailracer

I recently set up a series recording for SNL- new episodes only.  A couple days ago it showed it was scheduled to record, but when I looked today nothing recorded last night.  How do I find out why?  Could the guide data have changed and incorrectly flagged the episode as a rerun?  Can you see old guide data to find out? 

It could have changed, or the recording could have failed. Can you please attach the emby server log from the time of the recording? Thanks.

sailracer

I'll try to post the log file when I get home tonight.  I looked through what I think was the correct log file and didn't see any entries timestamped around when the recording should've begun.

It doesn't look like any recording was scheduled so either this is not the right log, or we need to backup further. Do you see the upcoming recording schedule in live tv, under the Schedule tab?

sailracer

It did it again this week.  The server log from 1/31 is attached which is the last one that shows the Saturday Night Live recording scheduled for 2/1.  The first log from 2/1 where it is no longer scheduled is also attached.  Maybe the recorder or guide is getting confused because this show spans midnight?

embyserver-63716112000.txt

embyserver-63716162804.txt

Something about the guide data must have changed. Did the Schedule tab still show that one? How have you configured the series recording?

sailracer

Here's a screenshot of the series record settings.  I did not notice the recording dropped last Saturday, so I don't know what the guide looked like.  This is where some logging would be handy.  WMC used to indicate why a show wasn't recorded in the log- repeat, tuner not available, etc.  I'll try to keep an eye on it this Saturday to see if it upcoming recording gets cancelled as well.

post-565205-0-05135500-1580855110_thumb.png

sailracer

So I just noticed on that previous screenshot the time for the recording isn't correct- 10PM instead of 11:30.  The guide data looks like as shown in the attach.  The 10PM is probably a re-run (or new show of old clips or something), but the 11:30 show is not scheduled for recording.  Could it be due to the "LIVE" tag rather than "NEW"?

post-565205-0-48419700-1580855521_thumb.png

thrillcat

I’ve not investigated, but I’ve also had trouble with recording SNL on both PLEX and Emby over the past year.

It did work last week, for whatever reason.

Like I said, I haven’t investigated, but I would guess it’s more likely something with the show/guide data implementation than your specific settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just noticed on that previous screenshot the time for the recording isn't correct- 10PM instead of 11:30.  The guide data looks like as shown in the attach.  The 10PM is probably a re-run (or new show of old clips or something), but the 11:30 show is not scheduled for recording.  Could it be due to the "LIVE" tag rather than "NEW"?

Hmm, the absence of the gray dot next to the second showing means that it's no longer part of the series. At least not in the guide data. That's really strange. Is this still happening?

sailracer

For this past Saturday I set up another series recording by selecting the Live episode that wasn't scheduled to record.  It shows up in the series list as a separate item, so there are now two Saturday Night Live series recordings.  I'm not sure how or why they are different.  The new one did record correctly.  Next week is a re-run, so nothing is scheduled to record.  I'll have to wait until the following week to see if it records correctly again.