password or pin a library

mexsurf24

Abejo

I also came to this post with this query, I find it interesting to have that option, although my daughter has her own section, every time I'm looking at something and I get up for a few minutes I have to leave emby for fear that she will enter the adult section

18 hours ago, Abejo said:

I also came to this post with this query, I find it interesting to have that option, although my daughter has her own section, every time I'm looking at something and I get up for a few minutes I have to leave emby for fear that she will enter the adult section

Hi.  If there were an additional PIN, wouldn't you be in the exact same situation once you entered that PIN to look at something?  You can always log out before walking away or, if you have truly sensitive material that you only use at certain times, you could create a different user who is the only one with access to that content and you only log into that when there is never a chance of her being there.

That's exactly what I did with my 2 kids growing up.  I used two accounts for myself.  One set had a parental restriction set on it so that if either child stubbled onto my account it was very close to their, maybe with a bit more "freedom" but nothing to shock them with.  My second account had access to everything.  In Emby settings I set the Auto Logoff Timeout to 30 minutes on that account, just in case I somehow neglected to logout properly when finished.

Just a tip. Emby should be fine once you take the precautions mentioned above. However, you probably have other services loaded on your device that may login automatically with your sign in info which could pose an issue. So don't forget to check on that as well!

Carlo

• 11 months later...
Utini

The problem with auto log off is the password entry everytime I start emby on my smart tv.

A simple "pin" with 4 numbers that locks a folder (and automatically logs it every e.g. 5mins when not active) would be more comfortable.

E.g. I don't have to login (enter a password) everytime I start emby but only every once in a while when I open a certain folder.

Edited by Utini

9 hours ago, Utini said:

The problem with auto log off is the password entry everytime I start emby on my smart tv.

A simple "pin" with 4 numbers that locks a folder

We already have a simple PIN now but it is for the user not the content.  We don't really want to add yet another layer of PIN protection to make it even more confusing.