New player interface: Controls

nydude25

nydude25
I'm not sure if you noticed, but the new player slightly messes up the standard Media Center play controls.

While watching a video, you should be able to type in a number and press FF or Rew to move that many seconds/minutes. Or you should be able to type in a number and press Skip or Back to move a multiple of skip forward or back. The direct seeking method of typing in a number and pressing Play to go to that time spot still remains the same. 

The new chapter access method is different, although Media Center already had a visual chapter skip you can use by just holding down the Skip or Back buttons during playback.

Instead of reinventing the standard controls that Media Center already includes, some controls to possibly include in Media Browser that Media Center doesn't have could be some type of subtitle control and some type audio stream control.

While watching a video, you should be able to type in a number and press FF or Rew to move that many seconds/minutes.

This functionality is still supported in the new interface.

The new chapter access method is different, although Media Center already had a visual chapter skip you can use by just holding down the Skip or Back buttons during playback.

In what file format?  Can you show me a screen shot?  I've never seen WMC show visual chapter skipping like our new interface has (selectable chapter points with images from that chapter).

Or you should be able to type in a number and press Skip or Back to move a multiple of skip forward or back.

Sorry, I guess I did re-invent this a little bit because that method is just way too convoluted for me to be usable.  Do you really want to have to do the math of (whatever my skip is set to) * (some number I type in) to figure out how far to skip?  Wouldn't it be much easier to just hit the skip button that many times if you want to do that math?

Or, if you don't want to do the math in your head, just type in the number of seconds you want to move and then hit skip (or FF)...