library reset

alberto.bracci

alberto.bracci

Hi.

I added a new collection to my library. However, by mistake I set the path to the root of all the content instead of the single folder containing the new files.
This has caused a reset of the library which wiped out everything I had, starting a full rescan and readding everything from scratch.

How is it possible? I never did a backup before, but is there a way to backup the library info, stuff played info, metadata and such in an automated way? I wouldn't want to backup the video files for now.

alberto.bracci

I just tried. Apparently all the info was deleted somehow, and now it is scanning everthing to download again all the metadata and info and stuff. Is it an expected behavior?

alberto.bracci

Also, some info seem to have survived. Some episodes, while being readded, are correctly shown as already seen, while others, in the same library, are not. Seems weird

I still don't  have a full understanding of what you did so this is hard for me to answer. What do you mean by "added a new collection" ?

alberto.bracci

Sorry, probably wrong terminology due to translation. I meant library indeed, simply from libraries -> add a new library ecc.

Happy2Play

If metadata/images are not saved with media, a path change will cause the items to be purged from the database and once that happens the central id is lost, causing the central metadata/images to be purged for that item.

alberto.bracci

that might be what happened. How can I specify to save images/metadata with media? I think there was the option to save nfo togethere with media but that was flagged as heavy in disk space.

alberto.bracci

now it is rebuilding everything, some images look new for example. But episodes played info seems to be recovered for almost everything. I would still be interested in knowing how to migrate all metadata once the whole library has been rebuilt, I would like to save things together with media in my storage hard-disk, not in the os ssd

Happy2Play

now it is rebuilding everything, some images look new for example. But episodes played info seems to be recovered for almost everything. I would still be interested in knowing how to migrate all metadata once the whole library has been rebuilt, I would like to save things together with media in my storage hard-disk, not in the os ssd

Everyone's setup is different, but you have to enable the image and metadata options per library.  But adjusting those options only apply to newly added media.

So you would have to remove and re-add the library to get already imported media to save metadata and images with media.

Watched/Played is tracked by provider id, path is only used if there are no provider ids for the item (TVDB, TMDB, IMDB).

Edited by Happy2Play

Watched/Played is tracked by provider id, path is only used if there are no provider ids for the item (TVDB, TMDB, IMDB).

Yes this is why most of your watched info is being retained following the change. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

alberto.bracci

This perfectly explains the situation. The only tv series whose watching history has not been retrieved is one with no provider, being it a fan re-edition.
I will try to change the metadata path in the next days, thanks for the help guys! Always helpful :D