MBC causing CH+ CH- issues in Media Centre

AsparagusTrevor

AsparagusTrevor

Hi all,

I've had a rather weird problem manifest since the custom player interface was implemented. The problem seems to cause issues with the CH+ and CH- buttons in Media Centre 7. Basically, after playing any video in MBC, then exiting and using 7MC, e.g the EPG, pressing CH+ or CH- (which moves the EPG a page up or down) also emulates the keypress for RW or FW which skips the time 3 hours. So the usual button press to navigate a whole page at a time is also skipping the time of the EPG by three hours.

I can recreate the problem every time, simply by playing something in MBC and then exciting MBC and using the 7MC EPG. This does still happen if the player interface is disabled, but has only started happening since the beta where the interface was added.

I think it must be the fact that the previously played video stays on Now Playing whether it has ended or not (an issue since MB2, I think it was mentioned back then there was no way to fix this). I can fix this by playing Live TV or an item from Recorded TV, then when I go into the EPG it works as expected, but the next time I play something in MBC it will happen again without fail.

I'm currently running beta version 3.0.186.0.

Thanks

Logs.zip

That sounds very strange.  Not sure what to do about it either.

The last file played remaining open is something WMC has done since Win 7.  The only way around that is to play something else - then that gets stuck too.  This gives us fits when trying to delete things after playback and we've been fighting it ever since Windows 7 was released.