Connecting

Luke

Luke, how can the Xbox direct play a file if the library is pointing to c:\ with no path substitution? It wouldn't have access to the file.

dlna streams through the server, and all of our clients are capable of doing that too. so there's really no need to force that requirement on everyone.

parrotheadcubs

Hi all.  I'm using the Xbox One to play my movies.  The xbox shows up under the play to option.  I select it for DLNA.  It takes me to Xbox video as it should.  And then it just sits there connecting.

I had an issue recently when I restarted router/modem and couldn't connect.  Got that squared away when I pointed the server back to the right IP address.  Any idea why it's not playing?

techywarrior

Is your media library (in the server setup) using UNC paths or c:\ etc.? It should be UNC paths so that remote clients can properly access the files for direct play. If you didn't then you can use path substitution. Also make sure the media is accessible over the network via the UNC path.

Is your media library (in the server setup) using UNC paths or c:\ etc.? It should be UNC paths so that remote clients can properly access the files for direct play. If you didn't then you can use path substitution. Also make sure the media is accessible over the network via the UNC path.

That is not a requirement. User: please ignore this. You can setup your library however you wish.

parrotheadcubs

They are currently under c:/ (in this case i:/).  I'm currently on the web client at work and videos are playing just fine.  It was just at home when I chose the Xbox as the DLNA.  I access through Internet Explorer obviously.  Click play, it pops up Xbox video as it should, and then just spins and keeps showing "connecting."

techywarrior

Luke, how can the Xbox direct play a file if the library is pointing to c:\ with no path substitution? It wouldn't have access to the file.

parrotheadcubs

Any ideas as to why DLNA is still not working.  My movies continue to just say connecting with I use the Xbox One as my DLNA option.

parrotheadcubs

I use the web client through the internet explorer on Xbox one.  I choose the Xbox system as my play to option.  I click play on a move and it takes me to the video app as it should.  Normally it would play immediately.  Now it just rotates and says connecting.  It never plays the movie.

parrotheadcubs

Well now it's working.  It's just stalling a lot.  I might need to restart my server PC.  But at least the movies are playing again.

• Like 1

parrotheadcubs

I just tested and I'm getting 54 mob download speed on my xbox. Every movie is stalling every 20 seconds when using it as doña through internet explorer. If I try to just play it through the internet it just closes. Incredibly frustrating. Any thoughts?