Library sort behaving differently than Android

MBSki

MBSki

I think this just started happening, but the libraries on the web app are sorting differently than they sort in Android. The web app doesn't put the highest priority first. See screen shots. Can we get all the apps to work the same as Android?

post-290994-0-91741600-1579478917_thumb.jpg

post-290994-0-72228200-1579479016_thumb.png

Happy2Play

To me the Android would be the one doing it wrong as the Web client is/should a direct representation of the server.  

But I would assume we would need to see a full screen image of that section to understand what you are referring to.

Edited by Happy2Play

MBSki

Both are a direct representation of what's on the server, but different methods to sort. It's more obvious with the Android TV app which puts it in sort order, but the highest priority are on the left. So, #1 is top left, #2 is bottom left. The web app just runs them 1 - 5 on the top row which forces low priority libraries to the left spots which are the quickest to get to.

The attached screen shot is of the Android TV app.

post-290994-0-67873800-1579479930_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

So the layout on Android is different, alternating top to bottom.  Where the web client is left to right horizontal wrapped.

Personally I would never want the web client to order that way.

Edited by Happy2Play

MBSki

Yep, that's right. Why wouldn't you want the web client to be the same? Consistency would be better IMO. It's quicker to use if it's consistent.

Happy2Play

Yep, that's right. Why wouldn't you want the web client to be the same? Consistency would be better IMO. It's quicker to use if it's consistent.

It should be in-line order with the same representation of the order set in User preferences-Home Screen.  I can only assume that is the only client that does it that way. 

So to me it would be a defect in that client, but only a dev could validate that.  @@ebr @@Luke

MBSki

It'll be interesting to hear what ebr and Luke are planning. I personally really like the Android TV method, especially for TV apps like Xbox One and Roku. I'd prefer consistency across all platforms, but i could see the web app at least being different.