Suggestion on update thread

PBzeer

PBzeer

ebr - when you list the build # and changes, could you include the date please? Both times I opened MBC today, it asked if I wanted to update, which I thought I had already done a few days ago. So it would be nice to have the date of the update as a reference.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

• Like 2

techywarrior

Are you on the dev updates? Because there can be multiple dev builds a day. Not sure it would benefit to do that.

Beta have a lot less frequent updates (I think the one previous to today was over a week ago). And of course release level is much less frequent then beta. You may want to change your update level to beta or release if this is an issue for you.

breezytm

In all fairness I have the latest update prompt me to update three times so far and I've updated each time. I came to the forum to verify the release number since I thought I was loosing and I wasn't.

yea just make sure you're not using dev builds as a way to get access to new features. if you do that then you'll surely be upset by the pace of updates. the dev, beta and stable channels each target different demographics of users. make sure you're using the one that fits you best.

There have been more beta releases in the past few days than I normally would have but I'm trying to get to a stable release before I leave town for a bit this weekend.

I'm on beta, not dev. 

Well, the update process is working fine.  If it says there is an update, it means there is one and you don't need to come here to confirm it.

As I said, normally, Betas wouldn't be coming this fast but I've been trying to work out everyone's issues before going to release and the people reporting the issues weren't using the dev release so I needed to get it to them as beta.

fraenhawk

I agree that it would be nice to see a changelog for the beta versions. I came back here and saw the stickied thread updated, but it's just a collection of all the most recent builds rolled into one. I did find some info in the alpha forum that helped me get the idea that the standby problem might be fixed in 186 but I had also gotten 185 earlier. Just a curiosity thing is all though. I know it's more work that you might not have the time to worry about.

• Like 1

I manage the change log in the forum at the release or beta level.  Any more detail than that in that area is just noise to most people as they only see the releases.

If you want complete detail, you can look at the commits in the GitHub Repo.  I mark every release so you can see exactly what is in which one.

• Like 1

breezytm

I am running beta. I got the same beta version 3 times as i mentioned before which led me to the forum to verify what actually changed. I don't have any issues. I was just curious to know why I have been prompt three times in a couple of days to install the same beta version. I thought maybe dev forgot to change the version number or something. 

• Like 1

I am running beta. I got the same beta version 3 times as i mentioned before which led me to the forum to verify what actually changed. I don't have any issues. I was just curious to know why I have been prompt three times in a couple of days to install the same beta version. I thought maybe dev forgot to change the version number or something. 

It wasn't the same beta version.  184, 185 and 186 were all released within a 48 hour period.

• Like 1