Default view in libraries

nt-it-team

nt-it-team

Hello,

Is it possible to set the default view when entering a library. In this case, when I select 'Music' it would be preferable to go straight to Artists instead of Suggestions.

Can this be done? I've looked through the .js and .html files but find no reference?

Thanks!

nt-it-team

Sorry - I should add, this does exist per user (in the users settings, in their own signed in account) - but is this possible to control centrally.

Hi. No, you cannot set a global default at this time. There is already a feature request for this though.

Thanks!

nt-it-team

Okay - is this setting stored anywhere? I can't find it in the xml, but I might just be missing it. If it is we can put it in the default template for when the users account is created via LDAP.

• 2 years later...
MacGyver27

Hello, this would be greatly appreciated! I have multiple libraries with educational content and only "folder" view makes sense.. so it would be ideal to configure default view globally as well.. appreciate your work!

BTW I transitioned from Plex to Emby because Emby base is more willing to hear out its user base.. Thanks!

Edited by MacGyver27

MacGyver27

Also please have this be configurable as well for the whole library. So we can specify default view.. E.g. Folder/Table.. and if needed it can be adjusted per folder as now. Thanks!

image.thumb.png.043307d25ab744ffce8533beba52924c.png

• Thanks 1

What Luke said in this post

Luke said - We're not storing the preferences on the server anymore due to the new layout options. The options that you would specify on one screen might not be what you'd want to use on another.

Looks like the default global view has been removed since 4.7.

Don't clear browser data and you will have to do it per device.

None of these problems using Emby Server 4.6.7.0 & Emby for Android 3.2.47

Any version of Emby for Android above 3.2.47 also resets the view.

Im on Synology, don't know if ts the same for Windows.

Edited by Dan833

40 minutes ago, Dan833 said:

What Luke said in this post

Luke said - We're not storing the preferences on the server anymore due to the new layout options. The options that you would specify on one screen might not be what you'd want to use on another.

Looks like the default global view has been removed since 4.7.

Don't clear browser data and you will have to do it per device.

None of these problems using Emby Server 4.6.7.0 & Emby for Android 3.2.47

Any version of Emby for Android above 3.2.47 also resets the view.

Im on Synology, don't know if ts the same for Windows.

Because there are a number of view options now won't necessarily translate well from one screen size to another. That's why they all get their own settings now.