Chrome not loading movie thumbnails

happpyg

happpyg

Hi,

Has anyone else started having issues recently (perhaps since latest emby version - not sure) with Chrome not loading all movie thumbnails?  Other libraries seem unaffected, just movies.

I have replicated this on 3 different PC's.  It only does it when Chrome is maximised to full window size and screen resolution is 1920x1080 and it is always the exact same thumbnails that do/don't load as per attached screenshot.  Other browsers all work fine.

If I either drop the screen resolution keeping Emby maximised or resize the emby browser window while still at 1920x1080 to even slightly less than full screen (or any other size) and hit F5 to refresh all thumbnails immediately load fine.

5e1ec63609715_screenshot.png

Thanks!

Aaron

happpyg

Hi, most likely the image processing on the server is just taking a little time.

Thanks @@Luke however it doesn't matter how long it sits there for, it never loads all the thumbnails and behaves exactly the same on all machiens i've tried but only in Chrome and only when window is fully maximized on a 1920x1080 screen - really strange!  Every single machine as soon as the window is resized by any amount (even a few pixels) it loads all thumbnails after pressing F5 instantly.

happpyg

Thanks L

Can you check the browser debug console for errors? Thanks.

Ok @@Luke this makes it harder, with the Chrome debug console window open it works fine.  Close that console & hit F5 and the same 3 thumbnails load and the rest dont again :(

I restarted the server while the browser was sized down a little, loaded the movie library and all thumbnails loaded.  Then at 15:59 I maximised the window and hit F5.  Attached server log if that helps at all?

embyserver.txt

happpyg

Try clearing browsing data.

Thanks @@Luke, done that, removed Chrome & reinstalled, tried more than 3 different machines now, I am in the IT industry and have access to many test machines, all do the same thing, I just went and unboxed a brand new PC, installed Chrome and that did it too - really strange!  Never used to do it and I use Emby during lunch at work every single day for years now.  I'll keep looking for clues but was hoping the logs might have shown something.

Another thing to note is if Windows 10 "Scale and Layout" is set higher than 100% (default) it works fine.   Put it back on 100% at 1920x1080 and press F5 and back to not working again.

It does it on my LAN too so rules out firewall issues.  

happpyg

I have it on 100% and it is working just fine.

Thanks @@Luke, yes, I have no doubt and it seems i'm the only one having the issue but something strange must be going on more likely with my particular Emby Server for this to suddenly happen and be so easily to replicate on multiple different machines, that rules out the PC's and browser cache issues.  Still doing it on my LAN rules out firewall so the only thing left is something on my Emby Server I would think?

Is there some kind of cache or something else on my Emby server I should be clearing?