Reset "watched"

Cthalpa

Jdiesel

So if you watch it two times it should be changed to unwatched? What would happen if you watch it a third time?

Happy2Play

Why would anyone want this?  You can already do this manually.

Hi.  Yes, I think doing that automatically is probably not a good idea.  You can always mark it however you wish.

Thanks.

crusher11

I wonder if OP means removing the "watched" mark if it's stopped in-progress, and can be resumed? That's the only way this makes sense. I believe manually changing the 'watched' status in that circumstance also removes the resume point.

thrillcat

Is there a way to remove the watched indicator altogether?

Or perhaps change the indicator to unwatched instead of watched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thrillcat

There is currently no option for that.

Would be handy. I’d rather not have a check mark on 95% of my library. Use it as an easy indicator of titles I haven’t watched yet.

Deathsquirrel

Would be handy. I’d rather not have a check mark on 95% of my library. Use it as an easy indicator of titles I haven’t watched yet.

You can filter by played state to solve this.  Sorry, don't usually post on FRs that are harmless that I wouldn't use, but this whole idea makes no sense to me.

thrillcat

You can filter by played state to solve this. Sorry, don't usually post on FRs that are harmless that I wouldn't use, but this whole idea makes no sense to me.

Filtering is the least of my request in this. For a product geared toward organizing a user’s library of content, I’d assume the vast majority has been viewed. It makes a lot more sense to not litter 95% of that content with little green checkmarks, and only indicate what HASN’T been viewed.

The checks are ugly and I’d turn them all off if I could.

Deathsquirrel

Filtering is the least of my request in this. For a product geared toward organizing a user’s library of content, I’d assume the vast majority has been viewed. It makes a lot more sense to not litter 95% of that content with little green checkmarks, and only indicate what HASN’T been viewed.

The checks are ugly and I’d turn them all off if I could.

Well I'm not sure that will be a popular request but hey, it's posted and others are able to voice their support.

In the meantime, you can easily select all your libraries using multi-select in the web UI and mark them all played or unplayed at once.  The latter would clear all the check marks in the system at once.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Autofocus
On 1/12/2020 at 10:47 PM, Deathsquirrel said:

In the meantime, you can easily select all your libraries using multi-select in the web UI and mark them all played or unplayed at once.  The latter would clear all the check marks in the system at once.

How exactly is this done?

We have a collection for Christmas films and would like to reset the watched flag for only this collection so we can keep track of which Christmas films we've watched this season.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Autofocus said:
On 1/12/2020 at 7:47 PM, Deathsquirrel said:

How exactly is this done?

We have a collection for Christmas films and would like to reset the watched flag for only this collection so we can keep track of which Christmas films we've watched this season.

May need to know what you are calling a Collection?  It is a Collection or a Library?

To my knowledge there is no way to reset a Collection in the UI.

But this can be done in the API.

Multi-select could be in context menu on some platforms but multi-select the library.

image.thumb.png.4dc984ea30784e7da4d0eda1fa4e4236.png

ccastilla

One of the things I don't like about the played/unplayed  button on either touch screens or with a mouse, is that the button moves. For example if a movie that I previously watched and I started to watch again and I stop before it is finished. We have the resume button. If i click on played to mark it unplayed the  resume button disappears and the played button moves accordingly. That doesn't allow a double tab or double click to marked a previously watched program that is in progress as watched.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, ccastilla said:

One of the things I don't like about the played/unplayed  button on either touch screens or with a mouse, is that the button moves. For example if a movie that I previously watched and I started to watch again and I stop before it is finished. We have the resume button. If i click on played to mark it unplayed the  resume button disappears and the played button moves accordingly. That doesn't allow a double tab or double click to marked a previously watched program that is in progress as watched.

Hi, yes that's a good point. Something to consider in future design changes. Thanks for the feedback.