Mass errors "Error SessionManager: Error sending message"

siteripper2
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

siteripper2

Hello,

I have a problem with these errors. The Server went unusable for ~1 hour.

It happend 4-5 times the last two weeks. I cant reproduce it and I have no idea what is causing this problem.

Logs are attached, I hope you have a clue what is happening there.

error1.txt

Hi, can you enable debug logging under Logs, then restart the server, recreate the problem, and then attach the debug log? Thanks.

siteripper2

Error occured again but I dont know how to recreate the problem. This time debugging was activated.

Emby went unreachable at around ~17 and came back online after ~1 hour. During this time Emby used 100% CPU load which made the server unreachable

Log is attached

embyserver_error.txt

Edited by siteripper2

• Solution

Please try uninstalling these plugins and see if that helps:

Playback Reporting 1.6.8.1
	Telegram Notifications 1.1.0.0
  • Like 1

siteripper2

Please try uninstalling these plugins and see if that helps:

Playback Reporting 1.6.8.1
	Telegram Notifications 1.1.0.0

Thanks, as it seems the Playback Reporting plugin caused the problem. Do you know who I can contact about this error?

Edited by siteripper2

TeamB

Nope its not Playback Reporting.

Something is calling this URL and failing:

Cancelling connection to https://fcm.googleapis.com/fcm/send due to a previous timeout.

That's the symptom in the log but I think his actual problem is the server becoming unresponsive. Can you try adding back playback reporting and see how that compares? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
sk3tch4d

Very simiar Issues here. Server logs full of what seems to be the same Error.

Most times, anytime within 2-10 minutes the server becomes slow, then unreachable and unresponsive. Apps cannot connect and browser direct localhost viewing on the server itself has the same issue.
A forced service reboot (sudo service emby-server restart) reboots the server and then it happens again usually shortly after.
HTOP also shows high CPU usage with the most common command being:

/opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb

Currently its unusable in this state.

Attached log with debugging enabled. Hoping this adds additional insight.

embyserver-63716323266.txt

Getting these same errors, causing the server to crash. Did anyone find a fix?

Apologies for the disruption. If you need immediate relief I would suggest jumping onto the beta server.

johnfloydwood

Apologies for the disruption. If you need immediate relief I would suggest jumping onto the beta server.

I can confirm the issue is present on 4.4.0.13-beta. 

I can confirm the issue is present on 4.4.0.13-beta. 

Hi there, please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

Server log as requested.  Was running in debug mode.  I killed the process once it became unresponsive. 

OK I see something different here. It's resolved for the next release/beta update (later today).

• Like 1

johnfloydwood

OK I see something different here. It's resolved for the next release/beta update (later today).

After running 4.4.0.14-beta for 16 hours with approximately 7 simultaneous streams at times I have seen no further issues.  :)

• 3 weeks later...
EmbyForEver

Hi @@Luke,

I seem to have the same issue, the logs are full with that error message and at some point systemd kills the process. It started to happen relatively recently and had no issue until then. Running the last stable version. Is there a way to send you the log file without having to post it in forum?

Do you know if this issue that is apparently fixed on the beta version will be fixed on the stable version. If not, when is the beta planned to be stable? I am a bit reluctant to operate on the beta.

Hi, yes it is resolved for the next stable release. If you need immediate relief you can jump on the beta channel. We're working as hard as we can to get it released soon. Thanks.