todays media browser classic update

Osmosis

Osmosis

just ok'd the update for media browser classic a while ago and it seems to have uninstalled the program. just an empty icon left in WMC pointing at nothing. any clue as to what just happened here?

techywarrior

Not positive but I'd suggest reinstalling from the website if you just want to fix it. I know sometimes there are issues where the download is interrupted or corrupt. There is an install log if you want to really find out the issue tho.

Edited by techywarrior

Osmosis

was a bit confused and curious as to what exactly was going on, just checked the mediabrowser classic folder and sure enough, everything is gone except for 2 config files. glad all the settings and such are in the server program nowadays. will try a reinstall and hope for the best.

Did you refuse a UAC prompt in the process?

Can you please find the logs for the failed installation and post them?  Instructions are in the how to report a problem post.

Osmosis

just hit ok twice whe mediabrowser informed me of an update. as for the install logs, the only one there seems to be from when i installed a fresh copy of mediabrowser. actually, since i note there is both an install log and an update log for the server in the folder then shouldn't there be an install log and a seperate updae log for classic as well? only have the install log there.