Volley Error

bretswinney

I notice you hadn't been around much lately. Is this a recent brand new installation of Emby Server, or did you update an old one?

bretswinney

I notice you hadn't been around much lately. Is this a recent brand new installation of Emby Server, or did you update an old one?

This is the same one. Everything has been working lately so I haven’t been on the forums as much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still see the theme song plugins. Can you uninstall them and restart the server? While you're there, please uninstall all of these:

Movie Theme Songs 1.6.6.4
	Playback Reporting 1.6.8.1
	Pushover Notifications 3.1.3.0
	Theme Songs 1.6.6.4

These plugins create a lot of activity on your server. We need to rule out the possibility that this is having an impact.

bretswinney

I still see the theme song plugins. Can you uninstall them and restart the server? While you're there, please uninstall all of these:

Movie Theme Songs 1.6.6.4
	Playback Reporting 1.6.8.1
	Pushover Notifications 3.1.3.0
	Theme Songs 1.6.6.4
These plugins create a lot of activity on your server. We need to rule out the possibility that this is having an impact.

But if it was the server why is it only having issues on the firetv app?

Those plugins I have had from day 1 with no issues.

They're filling up the server log with activity. As they are not part of the core server, if it turns out that one of these is causing a performance impact then we'll be chasing our tails here looking for something that doesn't exist.

Maybe the firetv app is giving up on requests a little sooner than the other apps, thus leading to the volley errors, but nonetheless, you have some slow response times in your server log that we should get to the bottom of.

bretswinney

They're filling up the server log with activity. As they are not part of the core server, if it turns out that one of these is causing a performance impact then we'll be chasing our tails here looking for something that doesn't exist.

Maybe the firetv app is giving up on requests a little sooner than the other apps, thus leading to the volley errors, but nonetheless, you have some slow response times in your server log that we should get to the bottom of.

Ok I will remove them so I can help solve the issue. They are removed. What next?

Please restart the server, get the problem to happen again if you can, then attach the emby server log. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
dicarlo_g

Hi I’m getting a volley error on my firestick when trying to login using connect and the pin on another device how do I fix please?

1 hour ago, dicarlo_g said:

Hi I’m getting a volley error on my firestick when trying to login using connect and the pin on another device how do I fix please?

Hi there, please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

dicarlo_g
32 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

How do I get it I’ve just sent it on emby firestick app???

Hi.  "Volley" is just a generic term for "network" in this case.  Are you sure your server is running and reachable?