Add playback correction to web player

drapacioli

drapacioli

On the Android TV client, Emby allows you to enable "playback correction". I sometimes have to use this to fix issues with timing/positioning of subtitles (or missing/skipping subtitles). While this works great on the Android TV app, unfortunately I'm not given the option to "correct" these playback issues on the web player. It'd be nice if we could toggle this on regardless of what player we are using. 

• Like 2

I mean I'd like to go over in more detail the example that you feel requires it. It's really something that should only be a last ditch solution.

drapacioli

Oh, sure I'd have to go watch a bunch of shows to catch it happening as I don't remember exactly which episode it was, so I'll post back with this when I see it again. So while the player may have support, it doesn't always seem to properly handle displaying multiple "lines" at the same time when performing subtitle extraction on the fly. Most of the time it does, sometimes it doesn't. I guess that's a bug, but still the request stands. There's also the issue of some subtitles falling out of sync - enabling playback correction fixes that as well. It's just a useful tool to have.