Non-priority. Previews To Suggestions, Cache Increase, Combining Multi-Server Libraries

kodithomson50

kodithomson50

Simple, add a button while watching a movie or previews, which sends the (2 or 3, ish, user-defined # of) previews just played to the "Suggestions" category.

Why?

I enjoy watching two previews/trailers from movies in my collection right before the feature presentation, like in the movies. But half the time my goldfish memory durps hardcore and forgets the epic trailer it just watched (along with what I had for breakfast this morning, even though it's literally the same breakfast I've made for myself [and others] for the last twelve years, I think?!? Gerp.). Anywho it would be nice to send the movie of an epic trailer/preview to the "next up" or "suggested" section. So that it's right there, long after I've forgotten everything including where the kitchen sink went. I should get checked for the oldstimers ;), or maybe already have, idk, lol. (PS, sorry if any of you actually have Alzheimer's, please don't be offended by this mild play-on-words. I hope you get better.)

Am expansion of this feature would allow the selection of which of the just-previewed movies to send, of the ones which just played (because sometimes you see the whole preview through rather than taking your eyes off it for even the moment it takes to find a button on your cell phone, and you're on the next before you and your girl concur it to be the next best thing). Complete with an image of the cover of film or title or whatever.

------------------------------------------

Another thing, any way to increase the cache size on an Android device? I've got a few call phones all running extremely low ram (~400mb) of ~2-4GB yet my router is rebooting every twenty minutes or so from connection overload. I know there's a paid feature for downloading a whole film to your Android and wouldn't want to circumvent that, but maybe cache up to 75%RAM or up to 50% of a movie? Would be nice.

------------------------------------------

I won't be responding much, the idea is pretty clearly presented. Thank you in advance to the developer who decides to have a redbull fueled programming night!! :). Do we have a bug-bounty or similar system where users drop $5 to anyone who can fix/upgrade X/Y feature request?

I reject the use of the word "coding" [you're not working on the enigma], hate the word "cloud" [do we have data centers on hovercrafts up there? Didn't think so, go back to preschool], and will never bow to the word "app". It's a F$#@ing program. Screw you Micro$oft. That was my vent, mods you can put this in a spoilers alert for bad language.

-----------------------------------------

Last but not least, are we able to combine multiple servers on one account, and have all the movies/shows merged into one category (deduplicated titles+year+resolution+version)? Say you have 2/3 laptops each with a few films, but one cell phone and one Chromecast. Would be nice to have a collective library, perhaps with a button "Yo fool, this movie is on YYY server, which isn't on, send wakeup?" (And a per-user permission setting as per whom is allowed to awaken what servers).

If we already are then my sincerest apologies for durping.

As always, thanks for such an incredible Android application and server software implementation. Y'all rock!!

Edited by kodithomson50

Hi.  Please make one feature request per topic so we can properly track them.  In this case, it may not be necessary as I believe all but the first one are already covered in existing requests.

Last but not least, are we able to combine multiple servers on one account, and have all the movies/shows merged into one category (deduplicated titles+year+resolution+version)? Say you have 2/3 laptops each with a few films, but one cell phone and one Chromecast. Would be nice to have a collective library, perhaps with a button "Yo fool, this movie is on YYY server, which isn't on, send wakeup?" (And a per-user permission setting as per whom is allowed to awaken what servers).
If we already are then my sincerest apologies for durping.

There is an existing request for this functionality but, in your case, if you just have media spread among different machines, you can already do what you want by simply setting up one server and pointing it to all the different media locations.

Thanks.