Gamebrowser 3 MBC crashes when opening game system folder

Cirdecus

Cirdecus

Hey guys,

I'm using MB3 on my server with MBC on my HTPC.  I have all libraries and platforms configured with UNC paths on a local network with appropriate permissions.

All Game systems under my Games library open to display their games except my PC Games folder.  I ran through the MBC log files and marked the moment right before I clicked on "PC" under the Game Systems menu.

This is what MBC spits out before it crashes:

2014-06-18 03:55:15.9452,Debug,,Loading display prefs for \\PRIME\Games\PC,1,Application
2014-06-18 03:55:15.9452,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://10.0.0.10:809...n,1,Application
2014-06-18 03:55:15.9477,Debug,,Sorting PC,1,Application
2014-06-18 03:55:15.9477,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://10.0.0.10:809...=Json,42,Worker thread for Background Sorter
2014-06-18 03:55:15.9792,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://10.0.0.10:809...n,1,Application
2014-06-18 03:55:15.9797,Error,,Async thread threw the following exception:  ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=GameBrowser-Classic Method=FillCustomValues Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at GameBrowser_Classic.Library.Entities.GameItem.FillCustomValues(BaseItemDto mb3Item) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Persistance.MB3ApiRepository.GetItem(BaseItemDto mb3Item,, String itemType) [n]    at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext() [n]    at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() [n]    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) [n]    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Entities.Folder.GetCachedChildren() [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Entities.Folder.<RetrieveChildren>b__13() [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Util.Lazy`1.get_Value() [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Entities.Folder.get_ActualChildren() [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Entities.Folder.Sort(IComparer`1 sortFunction,, Boolean notifyChange) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Threading.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Queue>b__3() ),42,Worker thread for Background Sorter

any ideas?  I've checked about everything I can think of.  I deleted the XML and image files and copied the images back over and let the system auto-generate the XML files again.

The Web Interface displays this directory with no problem along with all of the games and cover art.  This only happens in MBC as far as I can tell.
Edited by Cirdecus

First thing to do is make sure everything is synced up as far as latest versions.  That would be server, mbc, gamebrowser on the server and gamebrowser-classic.

Redshirt

Have you gone into the configurator and linked all your PC games to their local executable?

techywarrior

Red, do you think it's worth it to maybe put in a message in the plugin section in MBC (may require ebr for that) or even better, put in some sort of catch for this. It's seems I have seen a few people have a similar issue. And until the configurator is completely obsolete, I think this will continue to happen.

Disregard if ebr is close to having the configurator replaced (I think he has not even really started replacing the remaining configurator items)

If this is just a mis-configuration then it definitely needs to be trapped and not crash.

As for the configurator stuff, I haven't done anything else with it but this particular issue has to do with the plug-in implementing its configuration inside MBC as opposed to anything I can do with the configurator.

Cirdecus

Sorry about the dual post, i couldn't figure out if this was a MBC issue or Gamebrowser 3 issue.  I did link each game to their local exectuables on the local HTPC system.  In fact, now that I think about, this may have started happening after I did that, but i also changed some meta data images at the same time.

Looks like these are my versions:

MB3 Server - Version 3.0.5271.29451

MBC - Version 3.0.163.0 5-3.2

Gamebrowser Classic - 3.0.0.38

Gamebrowser Server - 2.9.5198.29005

Edited by Cirdecus

Redshirt

I pushed an update to Gamebrowser Classic this morning. It's tied to MBC version 3.0.172 or newer. It'll become available to you once ebr pushes his next MBC release build. it should fix the null reference in the logs, but there may still be a configuration issue causing all this.

Cirdecus

Thanks Red!

We can troubleshoot my config a bit if you want.  I could also try removing all executable paths for the games and see if that allows it to work again.