Live TV Issues

meddaugh

meddaugh

I have a HD Home Run  Extend.  It was working find for playing Live TV, now it seems to be not working well at all.  I've tried to have it offload transcoding to the device itself by checking " Allow hardware transcoding"    It does not seem to matter, seems to work slightly better with it not checked.  Attached are logs.  

I don't use it often, but was working ok months ago.  (no logs that far back).  

I'll try anything I can think of to help assist. 

ffmpeg-transcode-d0b33328-7052-48bd-9690-32ed98fa7f4a_1.txt  -- hardware transcoding off.

ffmpeg-transcode-d0b33328-7052-48bd-9690-32ed98fa7f4a_1.txt  -- hardware transcoding checked.

ffmpeg-transcode-e89a4da1-03d4-41a8-ab2f-c6b29b52e71c_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-d0b33328-7052-48bd-9690-32ed98fa7f4a_1.txt

embyserver.txt

Hi.  Can you please explain what "not working well at all" means specifically?  What issue are you seeing?

Thanks.

meddaugh

Hi.  Can you please explain what "not working well at all" means specifically?  What issue are you seeing?

Thanks.

Pixelated, stutter, black with sound, pausing, etc... Un-watchable.  Initially works for about a couple sec.  Eventually it just freezes completely.

meddaugh

What app are you attempting to play from?  Locally or remote?

The attached logs are trying remote, but even local network has the same issues.

And from a browser, it looks like...?

Have you tried lowering the quality setting?  What kind of internet connection is involved - both upload from your server and download at the app location?

meddaugh

And from a browser, it looks like...?

Have you tried lowering the quality setting?  What kind of internet connection is involved - both upload from your server and download at the app location?

Tried browser and Android TV, locally, both with same/similar results.  I tried lowering quality settings, even 720p/1Mb.  Locally even tried that.  Local home network is 1G. (HD Home run is only 100Mg).  Remote internet is 300/30.  Limit of 4M for internet, so 1M should be well sufficient.

I noticed in logs there are alot "corrupt decoded frame" (not sure if it's related or not).  I've rebooted the HD Home Run numerous times.

meddaugh

Have you checked the signal strength on your tuner?

While playing from the HD Tuner page:

Tuner 0 Status
Virtual Channel	8.1 WROC-HD
Frequency	515.000 MHz
Program Number	3
Modulation Lock	8vsb
Signal Strength	100%
Signal Quality	83%
Symbol Quality	100%
Transcode Profile	mobile
Streaming Rate	3.990 Mbps
Resource Lock	192.168.66.75
Edited by meddaugh

Tried browser and Android TV, locally, both with same/similar results.  I tried lowering quality settings, even 720p/1Mb.  Locally even tried that.  Local home network is 1G. (HD Home run is only 100Mg).  Remote internet is 300/30.  Limit of 4M for internet, so 1M should be well sufficient.

I noticed in logs there are alot "corrupt decoded frame" (not sure if it's related or not).  I've rebooted the HD Home Run numerous times.

It pretty much looks a lot like the tuner is not properly receiving the signal - just as @@Luke already hinted.

By activating "hardware transcoding", you just make all those errors happen in the device.

Does the channel play fine through any of the HDHR apps?

PS: The tuner status you posted is not about the same channel as the one from your logs!?