8 replies to this topic

#1 IRO OFFLINE  

IRO

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 09:44 AM

Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:15 AM

Hi,

I have problems with subtitles on older webOS 2 tv sets.

External srt is diplayed for a second then disappears. Subtitles embedded in the mkv file cannot be chosen, the first is displayed regardless of settings.

Any other client I tried works fine, including newer LG tv sets, Android phones, a Samsung TV and several web browsers.

(Screenplay application can't display subtitles either, so I think the problem must be webOS version related)

I restarted the emby server from the web interface, then started a movie with an external subtitle. The subtitle displayed for a second, then disappeared. Subtitle size and colour settings were not what I set up previously in user preferences.

The client I started the movie on:

LG 43UF7787-ZA, application version Emby Theater 1.0.20, software version 04.05.85, webOS version 2.2.1-2147 (beehive-biscayne)

My Emby server version is 4.3.1.0, it's running on a Synology DS215+ 

The user I tried to play the file with is named IRO.

The movie is a H264 mkv with AC3 audio. Full details from the movie page are attached.

According to the stats on the client interface and Emby dashboard the movie were direct played.

I can't see new ffmpeg log files generated on the server if I start the movie on the TV, nor on my Android phone, so can't post them. (If I play from a web browser ffmpeg-directstream files are indeed created)

I attach the embyserver and hardware-detection logs.

If it's any help, the oldest LG set which works fine among the ones I tried is a 55LF652V-ZA, software version 04.06.30, webOS version 2.2.3-169 (beehive-biscayne). It's a slightly newer webOS but still version 2.

Attached Files

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146246 posts
  • Local time: 03:44 AM

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:51 PM

@SamES

#3 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1107 posts
  • Local time: 07:44 PM

Posted 06 January 2020 - 08:27 AM

I have problems with subtitles on older webOS 2 tv sets.

External srt is diplayed for a second then disappears. Subtitles embedded in the mkv file cannot be chosen, the first is displayed regardless of settings.

Any other client I tried works fine, including newer LG tv sets, Android phones, a Samsung TV and several web browsers.

(Screenplay application can't display subtitles either, so I think the problem must be webOS version related)

Hi, thanks for raising this issue.  This is a known limitation on older webOS models and an issue we are still working on resolving.  Thanks

#4 mx5gr OFFLINE  

mx5gr

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 10:44 AM

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:42 AM

Hello,

@SamES I have similar issues with subtitles with a LG TV set as @IRO describes under WebOS 1.4.0.

LG 55UC970V-ZA, application version Emby Theater 1.0.20, firmware 05.05.90, webOS version 1.4.0-2337 (afro-ashley)

My Emby server version is 4.3.1.0, it's running on a Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB under Rasbian.

The user I tried to play the file with is named socrates.

The TV series episode is a H264 mkv with AC3 audio. Full details (mediainfo) from the TV episode are attached.

According to the stats on the client interface and Emby dashboard the TV episode was played through HTTP with no transcoding.

I hope that the webOS 2.0 workaround (if a resolution is found) applies in 1.4.0.

Attached Files

#5 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1107 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:51 PM

I hope that the webOS 2.0 workaround (if a resolution is found) applies in 1.4.0.

Yes, that is the plan

#6 CassianoG OFFLINE  

CassianoG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 05:44 AM

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:09 PM

Hi, thanks for raising this issue.  This is a known limitation on older webOS models and an issue we are still working on resolving.  Thanks

Well... I've been having exactly the same symptoms as the openning post, but my TV is running WebOs 4.05.85.

#7 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1107 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:29 AM

Well... I've been having exactly the same symptoms as the openning post, but my TV is running WebOs 4.05.85.

That sounds like a firmware version, not the webOS version.  I think this is webOS 2.0 firmware

What is the model number of your TV?

To check the webOS version, in LG Smart TV, go to Settings > Quick Settings > General > About this TV > webOS TV Version

#8 CassianoG OFFLINE  

CassianoG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 05:44 AM

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:45 PM

That sounds like a firmware version, not the webOS version.  I think this is webOS 2.0 firmware

What is the model number of your TV?

To check the webOS version, in LG Smart TV, go to Settings > Quick Settings > General > About this TV > webOS TV Version

Hello SamES, you are completely right. Now I found it:

Model: 49UF8500-SC

WebOS version: 2.2.1-2147 (beehive-biscayne)

#9 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1107 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:01 PM

Hello SamES, you are completely right. Now I found it:

Model: 49UF8500-SC

WebOS version: 2.2.1-2147 (beehive-biscayne)

No problem, thanks for the update.  Hopefully we can resolve this issue soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users