Choppy recording on qnap

myknas

Server version 4.3.10

Client version tvOS 1.4.3.04

Recently in the last few days I have been experiencing a number of choppy recordings with stuttering video, no sound or stuttering sound

Recently rebooted my qnap nas and Emby server as the up time was 40days +

Thought this was maybe related to to me adding an Apple TV to my current setup (2 amazon fire tv 4K )and the recording being scheduled or played back via the new app. But I get the same results when playing the file on a windows pc (web portal) or iOS device. Also tried to schedule recordings from iOS device with the same result.

All older recordings appear ok with no issues

Checked and restated the hd homerun, but live tv appears in affected.

Any ideas?

Mike.

I fighting the same issue right now and I current have my server on a windows 10 pc and I just excluded the DVR folder for the virus protection so far that all Ive come up with. Time will tell

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I actually restarted the server again today, well

Just the Emby application and set a hd program to record while I was out.

Can home and it’s recorded ok.

Also reinstalled Emby for Apple TV and it looks ok.

Issue was I was getting the choppy playback on the file. Not per device (iPhone/iPad, Apple TV or amazon fire tv)

As a backup I have installed and activated Plex as a trial. It appears good. And it’s cheaper than Emby per month wile I evaluate. But there new player for iOS is not on Android/amazon yet. So would mean having to get a second Apple TV when a new one is almost imminent.