Allow “next video info” when “play next episode automatically” is disabled

jackandjohn

jackandjohn

Sometimes I binge-watch but don’t want to watch episodes mindlessly (or lose my place if I fall asleep).

Would like the popup to show so I can either press “play next episode” or have it end normally and go back to the list.

post-430583-0-91593700-1578194520_thumb.png

Edited by jackandjohn
  • Like 2

Hi, technically it already works with whatever your now playing queue is. So for example, you could disable the autoplay option, then click play all on a folder and you'll still get the next video info.

Or you could use remote control from a mobile app to queue them up after starting playback.

Another thing you could do is turn on both options and use them in conjunction with the are you still watching feature.

• Like 1

jackandjohn

Ahhhh, ok, that makes sense. I was missing the concept of the current show being in a playlist.

Maybe I’m instead looking for pressing play on the “next up” episode to automatically queue the rest of the series. That would show the popup when next info is on, but not play the episode when autoplay is unchecked.

jackandjohn

As I’ve been sitting on this while watching series, I realize it’s probably not a trivial request.

Essentially what would work best is to automatically *queue* the next episodes in to a playlist but not play the next item automatically. That would likely fundamentally change all playlist playback and result in confusing UI for the majority of users.

With that in mind, I take back my request.

Cheers

As I’ve been sitting on this while watching series, I realize it’s probably not a trivial request.

Essentially what would work best is to automatically *queue* the next episodes in to a playlist but not play the next item automatically. That would likely fundamentally change all playlist playback and result in confusing UI for the majority of users.

With that in mind, I take back my request.

Cheers

Yes, that is basically the same discussion Luke and I had about this.  It does get complicated :).

• Like 1