Libraries not recognized after server migration

mx5gr

Hello,

I recently migrated from a windows installation of Emby (4.3.1.0) to the Linux (Rasbian) one, on a Raspberry Pi 4. I transfered all the relevant configuration information and metadata folders and I cleaned up the erroneous paths within library.db using a SQLite editor. The media files reside at another (Windows) server and I have added them into Emby via a SMB/CIFS mountpoint to the respective Windows shares.

Everything works fine apart from the fact that the Libraries, as previously defined, appear at the Emby frontend but not at the backend ("Manage Emby Server -> Libraries")!! As a result, I cannot add/remove/edit them at all! What should get changed/edited so that Emby recognizes the Libraries at the backend as well as the front end?

Also, on another topic, whenever Emby performs a Library scan or a Metadata update, it completely hangs and (for a large Library as mine) I have to wait at least half an hour for it to respond, if at all and no service restart is required. This occurs both at Windows and Linux (RasbPi4) ports. By watching CPU usage, it skyrockets to more than 100% for Emby server and stays there!

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

P.S.: I also get the following error. I suspect that it has to do with the folder or filename (spaces), but I do not know how to correct it:

2020-01-03 23:55:35.122 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: /mnt/media-library/MP3/A-H
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.3.1.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_armhf.deb
    Operating system: Unix 4.19.75.7
    64-Bit OS: False
    64-Bit Process: False
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.IO.PathTooLongException: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The path '/mnt/media-library/MP3/A-H/Test/Test Band - 7 it is alright' is too long, or a component of the specified path is too long.
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.FindNextEntry()
       at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance.AddDirectoryWatchUnlocked(WatchedDirectory parent, String directoryName)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance.AddDirectoryWatchUnlocked(WatchedDirectory parent, String directoryName)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance..ctor(FileSystemWatcher watcher, SafeFileHandle inotifyHandle, String directoryPath, Boolean includeSubdirectories, NotifyFilters notifyFilters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents()
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEventsIfNotDisposed()
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(Boolean value)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<StartWatchingPath>b__0()
    Source: System.IO.FileSystem
    TargetSite: Void FindNextEntry()

post-552263-0-44705700-1578090400_thumb.png

post-552263-0-83569500-1578090409_thumb.png

Edited by mx5gr

PenkethBoy

did you edit the paths in the options.xml files for each library

in ..programdata\root\default\<libraryname> before you copied them over?

I personally would just setup the libraries again as I think you'll probably end up spending more time fighting with the migration from one operating system to another.

did you edit the paths in the options.xml files for each library

in ..programdata\root\default\<libraryname> before you copied them over?

Ooooops... I hadn't noticed that!

In any case, I followed your advice and re-created the Library, despite the hours required to correctly recognize and catalogue some TV Series and Movies..

Thanx for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Regarding the reported issue at the end of the initial post, i.e. the Sistem.IO.PathTooLongException, this issue still remains. I totally installed Emby server 4.3.1 from scratch on a Raspbian 10 (Rpi4 4GB) and similar errors (all regarding Music/MP3 discovery) keep popping up within the emby log. The file path is by far less than 260 chars and the characters used are not UTF8/special.

2020-01-03 23:55:35.122 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: /mnt/media-library/MP3/A-H
    *** Error Report ***
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_armhf.deb
    System.IO.PathTooLongException: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The path '/mnt/media-library/MP3/A-H/Test/Test Band - 7 it is alright' is too long, or a component of the specified path is too long.
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance..ctor(FileSystemWatcher watcher, SafeFileHandle inotifyHandle, String directoryPath, Boolean includeSubdirectories, NotifyFilters notifyFilters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<StartWatchingPath>b__0()

mastrmind11

Hello,

Regarding the reported issue at the end of the initial post, i.e. the Sistem.IO.PathTooLongException, this issue still remains. I totally installed Emby server 4.3.1 from scratch on a Raspbian 10 (Rpi4 4GB) and similar errors (all regarding Music/MP3 discovery) keep popping up within the emby log. The file path is by far less than 260 chars and the characters used are not UTF8/special.

*** Error Report ***

what happens if you put a couple of your mp3s in a single local folder and try to add it to emby?

Hello,

*** Error Report ***

Yea these are tough because these errors are coming from the .net core runtime. are you using any sym links?

The /mnt/media-library/ is a SMB 2.1 mountpoint to a Windows 10 share under NTFS. The mountpoint has 0777 permissions.

This error does not occur with all the folders under this subdirectory (A-H) or other subdirectories. It occurs in random as there are larger MP3 folders in their naming than "/Test/Test Band - 7 it is alright", which they are parsed fine!

Ok, the next release of Emby Server will update from .NET Core 2.2 to 3.1. That brings a lot of change that may help with this. If you need immediate relief you can always try the beta channel. I'd be interested to know the results. Thanks.