Minimum emby server required for playback

ddurdle

ddurdle

After January 1st, some emby clients won't playback insisting the server is upgraded.  I'm curious what is now the new minimum version required.

Yes Yes, just upgrade the server.  One does not just simply upgrade servers without proper testing unless they want to spend the next week of their life dedicated to working on whatever breaks.

BAlGaInTl

What server version are you running?

It's possible that clients have automatically upgraded and require the newer server build.  I'm not sure if that's the case or not, but perhaps someone else does.

BAlGaInTl

I believe many of the apps are requiring 4.0.3+ now.

That's what I was wondering.

The OP may be on a pretty old version of the server.  Maybe before the big changes in the 4.x series. Although revisions have moved pretty fast (relatively speaking) in the last year.

BAlGaInTl

4.0.3 or 4.3 required?

I would think 4.0.3 since there were a lot of changes going from 3.X to 4.X.  But perhaps @@ebr can clarify.

ddurdle

I would think 4.0.3 since there were a lot of changes going from 3.X to 4.X.  But perhaps @@ebr can clarify.

I am primarely still running stable 4.0.2 as there was a nasty IPTV bug introduced shortly after this release that would spam the IPTV provider with requests if emby encounters a bad channel -- thus potentially blocking your server as a DDOS.  I've been waiting for confirmation the fix has been introduced and at what version so I can test and move forward to the release with the fix --> https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72769-emby-41026-m3u-stream-looping/

BAlGaInTl

I am primarely still running stable 4.0.2 as there was a nasty IPTV bug introduced shortly after this release that would spam the IPTV provider with requests if emby encounters a bad channel -- thus potentially blocking your server as a DDOS.  I've been waiting for confirmation the fix has been introduced and at what version so I can test and move forward to the release with the fix --> https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72769-emby-41026-m3u-stream-looping/

hmmmmm.... @@Luke mentioned that would be fixed in the "next" release on that thread.

I don't see it on the 4.2 changes though.  Maybe someone can confirm?

There's been a lot of development in that area so i would suggest giving it a try. If you run into a problem we'll be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...