2 servers Max Bitrate

ernstgot

ernstgot

I use two severs one is on my LAN which can do 100+Mb but then another that is use remotely and max throughput is 10Mb. When I switch between the two the max Streaming Bitrate drops from 10Mb for the remote sever which is great that it picks up on that however when I switch back to my local server it doesn't move back to the 100Mb setting. This becomes very annoying since I stream HDR on the LAN.

ernstgot

Hi.  How are you determining that it isn't switching back to the higher bitrate?

When I play an HDR video it doesn't show HDR on the TV and I go to setting while playing and it says inside of there that it is 10Mb not 100Mb. If I go to the setting of the App its self and change it to 100Mb and play the video it shows HDR and also within the settting now of the video it shows 100Mb it is playing at.

...If I go to the setting of the App its self and change it to 100Mb ...

If you are setting the in-app setting to anything other than "Auto" then it isn't going to change when you switch servers.  Is that the case?

ernstgot

If I set it to auto it always goes to a low Mbps instead of what it really can handle so I have it set to 100mb for local and 10Mb for remote. But when I go between them it won't move store the settings per server but what the app it self is set too. Would be great if it would let us set a server setting. I can't be the only one who uses two+ servers.

Okay, no the setting is for the app not per server.  That's what the auto setting is for.

If you have it on auto and connect to a local server, it should always use 80Mb/s as the max - unless the server cannot determine that you are local.