Can't modify my backdrops

saitoh183

saitoh183

I'm trying to modify the certain backdrops of my movies & collection. Every modification is made directly in the Metadata Manager of Media Browser Server.

My issue: The backdrop of my movies/collection does not change in XBMC.

What I've tried: Deleting the backdrop, Adding different backdrops. I've restarted XBMC, and the original backdrop is still there.

Version of XBMB3C add on: Git Version on XBMC Gotham 13.1

I'm hoping someone can help me. If I need to post a log, what level should it be on? I've also attached screenshots in case I wasn't all that clear. Thanks!

53a05941bfb5d_MetadataManager.jpg53a0594d4d43d_Xbmc.jpg

This is not saitoh183...its his sister :)...waiting on my issue of registration to be fixed :)

Edited by saitoh183

im85288

Yes, what happens with XBMC is your images are cached (this is one of the main reasons we have not provided things like watched indicators etc with the images). So in order for you to see any changes to an existing movie etc you will need to delete the textures file in xbmc where these images are stored to force it to get the new images.

If you look in userdata/Database you should find a file named something like textures13.db Delete that file and restart xbmc then your new backdrop will appear :)

saitoh183

Thank you for the quick reply. I have done exactly what you said and it worked!

- Saitoh's sister

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@

I had one backdrop before I decided to take a screenshot. I tested with having only one backdrop (different one from XBMC), but it didn't work. I deleted the backdrop and that's when I took the screenshot. I've been testing further and I have to delete the textures13.db everytime I have to update my backdrops (mind you, I did modification in bulk and then deleted the textures13.db once or twice). Previously to posting my issue, I have been restarting XBMC in between modification, but nothing was changing. :)

If you need more info, let me know what you need and I'll come back to you as soon as I can.