Collection boxsets within original library

tanujbansal

tanujbansal

I just installed Emby. Long time MB user!! And about to go Premier. Really thankful to everyone who works on this product.

Everything is awesome so far. One minor annoyance. I have multiple folders within a library and when I navigate to the library, I see these folders first (folder1, folder 2, inside these folders are the movie folders) and not just all the movies in them. I don't want to see these organizing folders. They don't matter. MB used to do this beautifully. Is there a way to turn this off and only see the movie folders?

tanujbansal

Hi there, I am able to see auto collections in the Collections (auto)library but can't find a way to make this work within the context of the original library. For example, if I have godfather movies in my original library, I see the collection but not within the library. All movies are listed individually. I tried the "group..." options but that only worked within the web app, not inside the media center app.

tanujbansal

Hi there, I am able to see auto collections in the Collections (auto)library but can't find a way to make this work within the context of the original library. For example, if I have godfather movies in my original library, I see the collection but not within the library. All movies are listed individually. I tried the "group..." options but that only worked within the web app, not inside the media center app.

tanujbansal

Hi Luke, I just got this all up and running few days ago. Love Emby so far. Moved from win7+MB set up.

What options should I try? I have played around but can't find a way to display the Collections within the library in wmc.

d00zah

1st, make sure you are running the latest beta version of Emby for Media Center by selecting the 'Cog' in the upper-right corner of the EMC screen...

post-10374-0-43610600-1577881455_thumb.jpg

Currently installed version is displayed in the upper-right corner of the 'Configuration' screen. v3.0.317.0 is the latest beta version.

Insure 'System Update Level' cfg is set to 'beta' & select 'Check for Updates'.

Once running the latest beta version, to see items grouped into collections, under 'View Options', check 'Collapse Movies into Collections'. Exit & restart EMC..

post-10374-0-92283700-1577880642_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps.

Edited by d00zah
  • Like 1

tanujbansal

Worked like a charm. Thank you Luke! I signed up for monthly premier last night but will very likely convert it to lifetime at the end of month. Thanks for your promptness!

Happy new year!