XBMB3C and WTV files

kalg

Hi all , just trying this plugin with the xbmc and like the title say's have a problem and that problem is with this plugin it wont play any media with the file extentsion's .WTV (windows media center container) that's on fresh install ( like i said it's only with this plugin the latest one from the repo.

just for me peace of mind i uninstalled xbmc 13 gotham (complete) the done fresh install  updated movies (xbmc own DB) and plays the .WTV files no issuse so now thats working i tryed this plugin again and bang same issuse's wont play .WTV files so i know its not the xbmc at all its this plugin (ps also tryed and turn the node back to xbmc library and .wtv files play again.

So looks like a slight bug in this plugin for .wtv

ps tryed windows media center with media browers and all is great .

thanks for reading and hope maybe can iron this issuse out in future

great plugin by the keep up the awesome work

im85288

Can you supply the log file for this with the log level set to DEBUG in the addon?

xnappo

I use WTVs all the time without issue - like 50% of my playback.  That is weird...  Send a log please.

You don't have a playercore setup do you?  Can you try renaming one to .mpg and see if it plays (I actually do this sometimes to differentiate between CCI protected files and non-protected - it should work)? 

xnappo

xnappo

Just a guess... Your WTV files are on another computer on your network, and your MB3 server has a local path instead on UNC path pointing to it.

Need a log to do anything other than guess though.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

Hi xnappo sorry for lack off logs at mo not had much time too mess around with pc but will sorted logs out before end off the week, anyhow just a quick update on .wtv files is if i enable transcode the files play, (not sure if this is how the plugin should work with these .wtv files)

many thanks for the reply,

Aww, btw you ask if these were on network drive , they are not, just on the main htpc.

Edited by kalg

xnappo

Ok - definitely need the logs to see what is going on.  

Thanks,

xnappo

xnappo

@@kalg

Any update on this?  This sort of thing actually causes me stress - so please post a log :D

xnappo